Bug reports & suggestions

Started by AGA, Fri 25/01/2013 12:50:04

Previous topic - Next topic

AGA

Hello!

We seem to have found and fixed most of the little bugs that still existed after the recent site changes, but please post here and let me know if you find any problems.  I am aware the games page search is a bit wonky atm, and will fix that soon.

cat

At the bottom of a person's profile page I see
"Database Error"
"Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator."

BigMc

Is it possible to fix the old links to AGS games? There are quite many of them all over the internet.

Frodo

The 'REPLY' button at top of screen, is just a navy blue rectangle.  You can't read it, unless you hover your mouse over it. 

AGA

Quote from: cat on Fri 25/01/2013 13:57:46
At the bottom of a person's profile page I see
"Database Error"
"Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator."

Which user?  I've taken a look at various people's profiles, and it doesn't happen to me!

Quote from: Frodo on Fri 25/01/2013 16:42:46
The 'REPLY' button at top of screen, is just a navy blue rectangle.  You can't read it, unless you hover your mouse over it. 

It works fine for me, in Internet Explorer and Firefox, using both the AGS and AGS Compact themes...  Try pressing CTRL+SHIFT+R to force a full refresh.

cat

Quote from: AGA on Fri 25/01/2013 17:23:04
Which user?  I've taken a look at various people's profiles, and it doesn't happen to me!

Interestingly, it doesn't happen to me now on this PC. I'll keep an eye on that and try to find out when it happens.

Frodo

Quote from: AGA on Fri 25/01/2013 17:23:04
It works fine for me, in Internet Explorer and Firefox, using both the AGS and AGS Compact themes...  Try pressing CTRL+SHIFT+R to force a full refresh.

It's been like that for a few weeks now, not just today.  Doesn't seem to matter how many times I refresh.

Tabata

For me it looks like Frodo described it. (nod)

Also I still have the lines not sorted in the profiles (about what the member did for the named game). The jobs start at the first line and are not „connected“ to the game.
So if you make the browser smaller to get two lines for one (name of a) game, it doesn't effect the lines of the listed jobs. They stay in place from the top, no matter which game is listed on the left side at this line â€" so you can't see, what the one did for the game.

shots:
Spoiler
[close]
I just didn't post here (again) because I use IE (even if it is the current version).  :sealed:

AGA

Quote from: Tabata on Sat 26/01/2013 08:45:07
For me it looks like Frodo described it. (nod)

Also I still have the lines not sorted in the profiles (about what the member did for the named game). The jobs start at the first line and are not „connected“ to the game.
So if you make the browser smaller to get two lines for one (name of a) game, it doesn't effect the lines of the listed jobs. They stay in place from the top, no matter which game is listed on the left side at this line â€" so you can't see, what the one did for the game.

shots:
Spoiler
[close]
I just didn't post here (again) because I use IE (even if it is the current version).  :sealed:

Does this only happen on certain members' profiles?  If so, can you give me an example?

What browser(s) and platform(s) are you both using?  It shouldn't make a difference, but just so I can check to see if that's having an effect.

I think the most likely problem is the resolution you're viewing the profiles at though.  I use 1920x1200, and Calin (whose profile I think you screenshotted?)'s profile shows fine.  If you use a lower resolution, the stupidly long name of IWWHIIWWHITOMIROTPG: The Game! is going to cause the two lines to become out of sync where it wrap around.

Tabata

It's the same on all the profiles (that I tried so far)
I am using IE and W7,64

I made some shots of a profile and the changings of the look in the different layouts/themes to make it easier to see the differences and the things I talked about earlier:
Spoiler
[close]

Hope it helps.

Edit
… and this is how the darkened first button (the reply-button in threads and the first one in boards) are looking and reacting when hoovering with the cursor over it (since several weeks, like Frodo said)

AGA

I can't really really that image, since it's so tiny!  What resolution are you using on your machine?

Tabata

I use 1366 x 768 on my laptop

Quote from: AGA on Sat 26/01/2013 11:05:43
I think the most likely problem is the resolution you're viewing the profiles at though.  I use 1920x1200, and Calin (whose profile I think you screenshotted?)'s profile shows fine.  If you use a lower resolution, the stupidly long name of IWWHIIWWHITOMIROTPG: The Game! is going to cause the two lines to become out of sync where it wrap around.

That has an effect, too (even if I think it shouldn't screw it up). I am often zooming for easier reading ;)
But if you just look at the first line every new section (especially the games and the offered jobs) it has always a wrong start in the second column - the first job should come up on the first game, not behind the "headline")

Edit:
here's the bigger version of the shots
Spoiler
[close]

Sslaxx

Found an issue with characters that the forum has trouble with making the post not show up in the forums (although if you click "Modify" the post is still there). http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=44664.msg619650#msg619650 has more details (and take a look at WHAM's response directly underneath, and try quoting it).

Tried under Firefox 18.0.1, Windows XP, UK settings. This affects all browsers, though.
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Frodo

I'm also getting the thing Tabata described, with the 'Games That I've Wokred On' section not lining up as it should.   :undecided:

And the image she posted, with the darkened 'Reply' button, is just how I see it. 

I use IE9, and Windows 7.  It all worked fine here a few weeks ago, then that dargened button just started appearing, even though I haven't changed any of my settings.   :tongue:

Snarky

The AGS Awards nomination banner at the top of the site says that I've already nominated, but I haven't.

AGA

Quote from: Snarky on Wed 30/01/2013 20:14:47
The AGS Awards nomination banner at the top of the site says that I've already nominated, but I haven't.

I guessed what this was the second I read your post.  I forgot to confine it to nominations this year as opposed to nominations ever.  Should be correct now?

Ryan Timothy B

I like having that Google location thing, but just out of curiosity and OCD issues, is it possible to have it not show when there is no location set for that person?

Snarky

Quote from: AGA on Wed 30/01/2013 22:02:10
Quote from: Snarky on Wed 30/01/2013 20:14:47

I guessed what this was the second I read your post.  I forgot to confine it to nominations this year as opposed to nominations ever.  Should be correct now?
Yup.

AGA

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Wed 30/01/2013 23:16:48
I like having that Google location thing, but just out of curiosity and OCD issues, is it possible to have it not show when there is no location set for that person?

Turns out the Google Maps mod developer thought of this: all I had to do was uncomment one line of code and it was done!  Nice not to have to go around wildly hacking for a change.

selmiak

edit: rechecked, seems to work...?!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk