Bug reports & suggestions

Started by AGA, Fri 25/01/2013 12:50:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

I don't know if this is just me, but the 'Picks of the Month' link in the right-hand column is returning this error:
QuoteCouldn't complete query Pick of the Month 1: Unknown column 'disabled' in 'where clause'

Peder 🚀

It's not just you :O

AGA

Oh yeah, silly me.

Tramponline

It seems if you search for games in the database and you enter a search term (e.g. "quest") where the search results exceed one page,
you get an "Invalid search!" return upon selecting the 2nd page.

(Just out of curiosity, search results in general are limited to two pages, aren't they? I get two pages of results even if I
search for "the" or "game".)

AGA

Not really, it's just the search functions don't work very well.  I've been meaning to rewrite them at some point to get them perfect, but never got around to it.  Will do soon!

Sslaxx

Quote from: Sslaxx on Sat 26/01/2013 13:56:45
Found an issue with characters that the forum has trouble with making the post not show up in the forums (although if you click "Modify" the post is still there). http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=44664.msg619650#msg619650 has more details (and take a look at WHAM's response directly underneath, and try quoting it).

Tried under Firefox 18.0.1, Windows XP, UK settings. This affects all browsers, though.
Bump. Still getting this issue. Is anybody else?
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

AGA

I explained this multiple times.  It's due to a database glitch.  You need to edit any post that uses non ASCII characters, replace the character with the same character again, and save.  This will then store the post in the database in the proper format (charset).

Ryan Timothy B

I've mentioned this once before when the titlebar was first introduced but I suppose posting an image makes things much clearer.

As it is right now, the link to http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/ is linked to the entire DIV instead of just the image. On my computer and especially on my phone, trying to click home, I often click the empty space above sending me to the main site.

I could press the "Adventure Game Studio | Forums" text area, but with the phone I'm often clicking the collapse on AGS Games, or the Unread Posts url.

Also on a side-note, the header image DIV is one pixel too short with Chrome version 26.0.1410.64 m (but displays properly with Firefox).

Thanks!

Peder 🚀

Just change margin-top under #main_menu to -15px instead of -20px..
It should sort out the menu overlapping the header.

selmiak

I seldomly use my phone to surf the forums, but yes, then I also wish for a link to the forumindex when clicking on the header, rather than going to ags mainpage as the other forumindex buttons are really small on the phone...

Peder 🚀

What would be nicer is a mobile friendly theme.

selmiak

is this even possible with smf? if yes, then yes please :)

AGA

Get a better phone!  Phone specific designs are unnecessary if you use Opera Mobile and have a decent sized screen.  I have my phone set to identify as desktop to avoid those dumb simplified for-phone designs.

AGA

Quote from: Peder Johnsen+ on Fri 17/05/2013 19:58:40
Just change margin-top under #main_menu to -15px instead of -20px..
It should sort out the menu overlapping the header.

This doesn't stop the link appearing to the left and right of the image though.  Still makes hitting the collapse button tricky.

Peder 🚀

Quote from: AGA on Fri 17/05/2013 21:08:41
This doesn't stop the link appearing to the left and right of the image though.  Still makes hitting the collapse button tricky.

But it does prevent you from clicking the banner when trying to click one of the menu links.

About the banner link:
Add this to #top_section:
text-align:center;

Remove this from img#smflogo:
display: block;

AGA

Hurray, that worked!

Ryan Timothy B

Thank-you so much! You've just saved me from increasing my blood pressure, each and every time. :-D

Crimson Wizard

In earlier forum version there was a way to enter your ICQ contact in the profile. Well, I did this when I was registering back in 2008.
However, I do not use ICQ often nowadays and I wanted to remove it from my profile info. To my surprise, there's no corresponding input field in the profile settings, so I cannot do this.

AGA

Huh, that's silly.  I've removed the ICQ data for all users now, since as you said, it's not meant to be visible anymore.

Crimson Wizard

Just noticed, whenever I open user profile, there is this message box at the bottom of the page:

Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk