Bug reports & suggestions

Started by AGA, Fri 25/01/2013 12:50:04

Previous topic - Next topic

AGA

Any user profile, it just certain people's?  This bug seems to randomly affect some people, but I've never been able to reliably recreate it.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: AGA on Sun 26/05/2013 09:54:49
Any user profile, it just certain people's?
Well, looks like any, at least every I tried. Including mine.
If that's an error, it does not seem to affect the rest of page contents though.

Tramponline

Maybe that's a known problem:

The download counter for "The Can" for example doesn't seem to work.

The host site behind the download link is FileSwap.com.
With FileSwap you can't link to the download button on their site directly, so that the download file will appear
instantly (except for the very fist time). On all subsequent occasions of someone hitting the download button here in the AGS database, it changes to FileSwap and you've to
hit another download button again over there.

Not sure if that has any bearing on the issue at all though...     

AGA

Nope.  Even if a link is dead, it'll still count it in the AGS database when you click download (the first time - multiple downloads of a game from the same IP address aren't counted).

However, I did change the way downloads are logged recently, and apparently I forgot to include the field where the games page entries' download counts are stored.  This also affects another five games that were added recently.  Luckily the number of downloads a game has is stored elsewhere, so I can accurately rebuild this information.  Give me some time and it'll be sorted!

cat

There is something strange with the rating of this game: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/710/

The public opinion shows

13 people have rated this game so far:
Visual: 62%
Immersion: 45%
Puzzles & Pacing: 43%
Overall Enjoyment: 42%

But the player rating on top gives it only one cup and when hovering it says "Rated 27% (13 votes)"

Where does this rating come from?

(In case you are wondering why I dig up such old games - now that the screenshots are working again I like to click the random games images on the games page if they look interesting)

AGA

There have been two rating systems used on the AGS games page.  Some older games have a strange combination of the two systems, which produces inexplicable results.  Not much we can do about them at this point though, without scrapping all of the older ratings.

cat

Ah, that explains it. Just out of curiosity: how did the old rating work? Were there also categories or just one rating?

AGA

No idea!  There are just fields in the database called things like "oldratingsavg" and such  :P

JimMakesGames

I recently added my game to the database (Shitty Quest) but there doesn't seem to be any way to add images for it. There's no option for it in the fields on the edit page. I hope I'm not just missing something obvious. Thanks.

cat

I can confirm this, I can't add it neither although I should have permissions for it.

AGA

Image upload has been offline for a while.  I need to get around to fixing that.

Khristian Cammilleri

Quote from: JimMakesGames on Wed 19/06/2013 17:14:24
I recently added my game to the database (Shitty Quest) but there doesn't seem to be any way to add images for it. There's no option for it in the fields on the edit page. I hope I'm not just missing something obvious. Thanks.
I'm experimenting the same problem:Pizza Nostra
I hope that you fix it soon!
PizzaNostra!

Khris

Not a bug report per se, but currently people can create threads in the Modules & Plugins forum. Just wanted to point it out in case it isn't deliberate.

AGA

Should they not be able to?  The forum rules seem to say that module authors are welcome to start threads...  There's no easy way of only giving module authors the ability to start new threads, without staff intervention.

cat

I don't think there is a lot of spam going on in this board. If I were about to release a module I'd prefer to post it directly there instead of posting somewhere else and waiting for a moderator to move it. I think it's best the way it is now.

Gilbert

Plus Dualnames is now a mod of that forum so he can also look after threads created there. The change was intentional, nothing is wrong.

Khris

Yeah, I already assumed it was a deliberate change.
As you were :)

Babar

Also not a bug report, but seemed the best place to post it: be more appropriate if you ask me if the Title that appears on the top of the browser and in the tab labels was just the last part of the whole thing. Like for this page, it'd just be "Bug Reports". I don't know about others, but I often have many tabs open in the browser or windows open in the taskbar, and always having "Adventure Game..." is a bit unhelpful in immediately identifying it.
Not a major problem or anything, but it'd be cool if it could be changed.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Ryan Timothy B

Eg:  Bug Reports - Adventure Game Studio Forum

That would probably be the most logical arrangement if you were to change the way it is.

cat

+1

I also have lots of tabs open.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk