Bug reports & suggestions

Started by AGA, Fri 25/01/2013 12:50:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Babar

I've been trying to hunt down the reason, but I've often noticed that threads I clicked on still show up as new. I've just not figured out why, as I can't reproduce it consistently. Possibly has something to do with my constant new-tab opening each forum page.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

AGA

Possibly.  I've been a member on these forums since the start, and I can't say I've ever noticed that happening.  But then I usually only have one tab open...

selmiak

The modal popup image for the screenshots on the gamepages doesn't work anymore. tested in FF and chrome and opera.

AGA

Yeah, I started implementing the requested dynamic zoom, but got distracted by something shiny.  I'll try to remember to take a look later today.

selmiak

while you're at it, please make it that clicking the right part of the image browses on to the next image if there is another one, and clicking the left part takes you back. There are lots of free jQuery plugins that do this without much hassle ;)

AGA

It's not getting stuff like this to work that's hard, it's getting it to work inside the existing design of the site.  JavaScript and PHP are easy, but getting CSS to behave properly is not!  A JQuery plugin is no good if it causes the rest of the page to go all explodey when it's visible.

selmiak

I hate Javascript ;) But css is just the style, how can this go wrong with jQuery? I had problems with too many scripts depending on javascript object names, IDs, whatsoever and thus activating the wrong elements when clicked or doing nothing at all and so. All the cool pages use this 'click on image to see the next resized image' function but we can't have this? :~(
There is one thing I really don't like about the style though, it's the use of divs for the gamecredits. This screws up the lines while tables would keep it all in line. Or embed one div into the other and float it if you despise tables and want to keep divs for tabular data ;)

AGA

selmiak

the zooming is a good idea but not working out that great ;)
the X to close the popup gets pushed out of the screen for really large zooms, try it here for example. 1x zoom from the thumbnail is jumping out and blowing things up...
Maybe make it opt in when submitting a game with screens and have a checkbox for 'this screenshot is very low res and very zoomable' thingy.

edit: If someone uploads a 320x200 screenshot scaled to 640x400 I can understand when someone would like a 0,5x zoom or so. This is really tricky to get right. But funny enough, just today I made this:

if you want I can send you the vectors then you can resize it to your likings and maybe overlay it on the screenshots with some codemagic...

Volcan

I noted I didn't get amswers of topics I subscribe since january 30th.

I need to go to the forum if somebody replies to the topics.

AGA

There was a problem with emails coming from the forums, but it should be working fine now.

Tabata

Quote from: Volcan on Sat 01/02/2014 18:32:07
I noted I didn't get amswers of topics I subscribe since january 30th.

I need to go to the forum if somebody replies to the topics.
nearly the same here (nod)
Since 28th mails came with a delay up to 8 hours and since 30th there are none (but should have been).

cat

On the game mainpage one of the 3 random screenshots had the "missing image" picture shown. But when opening the page of the game, the screenshot looks alright: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/689/

Volcan

CaptainD posted a new message from MAGS January: "Something Cold, Something Burrowed, Something Pink" (OPEN)

I didn't get an e-mail of it.

Tabata

Quote from: AGA on Sat 01/02/2014 19:11:18
There was a problem with emails coming from the forums, but it should be working fine now.
Sorry, but nope - as I said earlier ...

… and today goes another day without any notification-mail from the forum 

AGA

According to the forums, the mail queue is empty, meaning there aren't any notifications waiting to be sent...  The mails would be coming from a slightly different source though, so perhaps check your spam folder?

Peder 🚀

I've actually not been getting any notifications neither since you contacted me about it AGA... I'm checking to see if there are any issues on the server causing it now.

Tabata

No mails from the forum in the spam folder and still no notifications
(neither about thread entries done nor about the PM's I  I got),
just other mails from elsewhere. (wrong)

What I am really wondering about is,
that volcan (maybe Peder) and I seem to be the only members
who are ignored by the forums notification :confused:

Peder 🚀

Tabata, there is some issues with postfix on the server, I'm looking into it now and it will hopefully be sorted very soon! :). I'll post a reply (or edit this post if the latest) once it's up and running again! (Or you might even find out by yourself if the emails are still stored in a queue waiting to be sent).

Peder 🚀

Ok hopefully it should now work again, I'm double posting to force a notification.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk