Bug reports & suggestions

Started by AGA, Fri 25/01/2013 12:50:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabata

Thanks a lot for the try Peder, but I still don't get mails from the forum.     

I sent a PM to test it after you posted here that it should work now and it didn't come in until now.

AGA

I tried going back to external STMP sending, to see if that fixed anything.  It didn't.  Gone back to PHP mail now, and it should have all sent.  All notifications from the last few hours should have been received in the last few minutes?

Peder 🚀

Yes, it's fully working again now..

Tabata

YAY! You must have made it!

It needed nearly one hour, but I really got the mail about my test-pm from the forum now

Thanks a lot, both of you!

AGA

The delay was caused by the reasons above.  There shouldn't be any (significant) delay in future, but please let me and Peder know if there is.

Tabata

The notifications work properly now  for me - last one came in without delay   

Volcan

Everything is fixed now.

AGA

Quote from: selmiak on Fri 31/01/2014 19:21:41
the zooming is a good idea but not working out that great ;)
the X to close the popup gets pushed out of the screen for really large zooms, try it here for example. 1x zoom from the thumbnail is jumping out and blowing things up...
Maybe make it opt in when submitting a game with screens and have a checkbox for 'this screenshot is very low res and very zoomable' thingy.

edit: If someone uploads a 320x200 screenshot scaled to 640x400 I can understand when someone would like a 0,5x zoom or so. This is really tricky to get right. But funny enough, just today I made this:

if you want I can send you the vectors then you can resize it to your likings and maybe overlay it on the screenshots with some codemagic...

Reworked the zooming slightly, although there's still work to be done to fix the cross disappearing.

selmiak

funky! About closing the popup, why not make it disappear when clicking outside of the window additionally to the X.
And now that we can zoom the screenshots I was wondering if it is really that spaceconsuming to store .png images as .png and not convert them to .jpg. You know, jpg artifacts on pixelart are even more visible when zooming in ;)

edit:
smaller magnifying glass:

smaller magnifying glass without the + because of + and - zoom (though I like the (+) one better):

AGA

I'm going to change it so moving the mouse off the zoom div closes it.  I just need to make the div reliably appear somewhere it's not going to end up disappearing off the screen, make sure it doesn't open somewhere that's not under the mouse cursor (thus automatically closing itself as soon as it opens).

The JPGing has nothing to do with space, it was because I originally had thumbnails being dynamically generated (which stopped happening at some point), and didn't want the complexity of handling multiple formats.

I was planning to fiddle with the magnifier to have a plus and minus next to each other.  Or perhaps I could make it switch dynamically depending on the available options.  I'll take another look later.

AGA

Can I have the vectors please?  Want to fiddle!

selmiak

pm sent! Have fun ;-D

Janos Biro

AGA, just to remind you, you said you would fix the problem with the paging in the search results soon. That was about a year ago. Need some help to do that? That "Invalid search!" message is really annoying.

EDIT: Sorry if I'm being rude or annoying. I don't know how to put it better.
I'm willing to translate from English to Brazilian Portuguese.

DoorKnobHandle

Clicking on game thumbnails does not bring you to the game page but links to the screenshot. This is probably not intended or optimal, especially for the showcase section where I click on a game that interests me but then it takes me to the image instead of the game page, then I hit back and now the showcase games are different.

I'm on Chrome FWIW.

AGA

Whoops yeah, forgot to change that when I changed the zoom behaviour.  Fixed now.

DoorKnobHandle

Volcan

selmiak

just out of interest, do you use internet Explorer voluntarily or is this some forced workdesk setup? Are you happy with what you browser does?

Janos Biro

Internet Explorer is a great browser, but it's main function is to download Google Chrome.
I'm willing to translate from English to Brazilian Portuguese.

Volcan

I use internet explorer all of times. I have no problems with other websites.

Why would I use a different browser to go to ags forum?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk