Bug reports & suggestions

Started by AGA, Fri 25/01/2013 12:50:04

Previous topic - Next topic

cat

In the PM inbox on the left side where the avatar of the sender is shown, the row with the IM/Skype/DeviantArt... icons is duplicated for some people.

AGA

So it was (anyone who had any of the icons).  Fixed now.

AGA

Quote from: Tramponline on Mon 17/02/2014 13:33:23
Hey, AGA. This might be just me being a bit daft here, but:

The BBcode for hiding spoiler text is not explained in the list under 'Help' -> 'BBCode'  (forum's menu bar).
[hide] ... Your spoiler text here ...[/hide]

That entry would be quite helpful for new people, I suppose?

Just realised the link was actually pointing to the SMF wiki, the editing of which would not be appropriate.  However, I actually made a custom version for our forums ages ago, which I apparently forgot to publish, which is now linked.  It's still mildly broken (no images for instance), but I'll sort that later.

Radiant

Could you check something please? I just noticed that the profiles for Corby, Dirt McStain, and Fizzii don't get the sparkly icon for "worked on a game that won an AGS award", e.g. in this thread.

cat

I think only the main author gets the sparkling icon. There was a discussion about it with this outcome.

cat

Small but annoying issue: When using the searchbox to find a game, in the result list when I click the screenshot it directly opens the jpg. I can't use the back button of the brower to get back because my browser shows "Document Expired This document is no longer available."
The same happens from search results of "Game by category".

I'd expect that the game page is opened instead like on PotM or showcase page.

Peder 🚀

I can't even search at all when using chrome:

Besides making images link to the game page, you could also solve the "go back" issue by doing the search with GET instead of POST.

AGA

Quote from: Radiant on Tue 18/03/2014 09:35:27
Could you check something please? I just noticed that the profiles for Corby, Dirt McStain, and Fizzii don't get the sparkly icon for "worked on a game that won an AGS award", e.g. in this thread.

Quote from: cat on Tue 18/03/2014 09:54:45
I think only the main author gets the sparkling icon. There was a discussion about it with this outcome.

It should appear in their profile, but people complained that having every single credited person receive the forum badges (even relatively minor credits like beta testing) devalued them.

Search is broken in a variety of ways!  I'll sort it out eventually.

Peder 🚀

I'd gladly take a look at the search and help out AGA if you don't mind.

Radiant

Quote from: AGA on Tue 18/03/2014 15:20:33It should appear in their profile, but people complained that having every single credited person receive the forum badges (even relatively minor credits like beta testing) devalued them.

That's a good point. I agree that something like beta testing shouldn't get you a forum badge, but what about something like doing all the graphics or all the music for a game? Maybe we should have a function to allow the main game creator to set this in the game's profile?

AGA

Quote from: Peder Johnsen+ on Tue 18/03/2014 15:23:04
I'd gladly take a look at the search and help out AGA if you don't mind.

You could try, but it's messy, and probably quite confusing...

Quote from: Radiant on Tue 18/03/2014 15:36:06
Quote from: AGA on Tue 18/03/2014 15:20:33It should appear in their profile, but people complained that having every single credited person receive the forum badges (even relatively minor credits like beta testing) devalued them.

That's a good point. I agree that something like beta testing shouldn't get you a forum badge, but what about something like doing all the graphics or all the music for a game? Maybe we should have a function to allow the main game creator to set this in the game's profile?

That would require redesigning the way the credits system works, so won't happen soon.  I'll bear it in mind though.

Peder 🚀

It sure is quite messy, the easiest way would probably be to rewrite the whole site from scratch (taking any future bugs/changes in mind).

However making the screenshot link to the game is a pretty simple task, so I went ahead and made that little change.

Peder 🚀

Is it just me or is notifications not working again?

AGA

"The mail queue is currently empty", which it wasn't last time we had problems...

DoorKnobHandle

I can confirm that I do not get email notifications for PMs currently!

Peder 🚀

I figured out why and fixed it! :). It should work again now.

DoorKnobHandle

Yep works again with PMs, thanks!

AGA

Hooray!  Thanks, Peder.

Not ignoring your comments about the terrible coding, just haven't had a chance to think yet!

Peder 🚀

Well, I wouldn't say terrible! But yeah it's messy, especially being all in one file :).

I just think it could do with a recode where the code is split into pages and maybe even have the PHP code separated from the html all together and use TWIG or something for the html + parsing data from php.
I built a MVC like system for the new AGSA site which is really nice :). Makes it easy to edit html stuff without having to dig through a lot of php code, and easy to change php code without digging through a lot of html :).

I just think it would be a huge benefit for the long run ;).

selmiak

Without having seen the code I somehow know peder is right ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk