Bug reports & suggestions

Started by AGA, Fri 25/01/2013 12:50:04

Previous topic - Next topic

AGA

That's my baby you're flinging unproven accusations at >:(

selmiak

yeah, never change a running system, guess there will be no super extended extensions anyways ;)

Radiant

For some reason I cannot edit the games page any more; I get a 403 error that "You do not have permission to access this server. Your technical support key is: 57d2-ef78-b40c-8ddc"

Peder 🚀

I've connected those error messages to the forum connection (SSI.php) but got no idea what is causing it, also it seems to only happen in chrome for me so maybe try a different browser for now?

(It seems I get that error in chrome whenever I use a page to post a form it seems.)

Radiant

It worked fine a couple of weeks ago, though. Something must have changed since then.

But I don't think it's a good idea to advice Chrome users to "just use another browser" for this site, because of its huge market share. Every other forum I frequent works fine in Chrome.

Peder 🚀

Off course!
The best thing would be to figure out why it's not working and then get it fixed, all I can tell from it, is that it seems to be generated by the forum integration, because the 403 error is within the part where the forum integration is called via php.
And whenever the forum integration fails, it will stop anything else from showing.. But this issue only happens to me in Chrome, so I purely suggested to use another browser if you really need to update your games RIGHT NOW :).

Hopefully AGA will figure this out and get it fixed.. I might do some searching myself.

AGA

Nothing has changed, except possibly your version of Chrome.  I know that's not very helpful, but there's only so much I can do about core SMF features' bugs!

Adeel

Quote from: Radiant on Thu 20/03/2014 17:47:07
But I don't think it's a good idea to advice Chrome users to "just use another browser" for this site, because of its huge market share. Every other forum I frequent works fine in Chrome.

Considering how often IE Fans are advised to change their browser, just because it isn't compatible with the website. I think Peder's advice is fair enough. :=

Peder 🚀

But Adeel, IE fans are just silly! IE sucks!

I have to say though it seems IE is beginning to get a little bit better, but there are still so many computers with older IE versions on them and imo that should be a felony! :P.

Snarky

I was also getting a bunch of 403 errors about this time last week, particularly while browsing the Wiki (but which would then extend to any forum page as well). If I just waited half a minute they went away.

And this was with Firefox.

Radiant

I've tried changing the game page on my laptop, which also runs Chrome, and this works fine. Also, I'm pretty sure I haven't done an update of Chrome (on my desktop) since the last time it worked. So I doubt it's actually the browser causing this, although I'm not sure what else it would be.

Peder 🚀

I've been trying to search for solutions or just for other people having this issue but I can't seem to find any info about it at all, though I know for sure the error is generated by the forum connection as when commented out it works fine..

Peder 🚀

Ok, so I just moved the SSI.php include to the top of the file, and it now seems to be fine for me, what about you Radiant?

Radiant

Yep, it works now. Thanks!

monkey0506

I was being silly and thought I'd go and add a page to the wiki today, when suddenly the whole thing exploded.

First (despite being logged in on the forums), it asked me to log in to my account. Again, I was already logged in, so it seemed rather odd bringing me to the forum login page with my avatar and user control panel appearing, but I logged in anyway. It then brought me to the forum homepage. Then I clicked back on the link for the wiki, and I got this:

Code: text
MediaWiki internal error.

Original exception: exception 'MWException' with message 'SkinTemplate::makeTalkUrlDetails given invalid pagename User:' in /var/www/ags/w/includes/SkinTemplate.php:721
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/ags/w/includes/SkinTemplate.php(648): SkinTemplate->makeTalkUrlDetails('User:')
#1 /var/www/ags/w/includes/SkinTemplate.php(448): SkinTemplate->buildPersonalUrls()
#2 /var/www/ags/w/includes/OutputPage.php(1989): SkinTemplate->outputPage()
#3 /var/www/ags/w/includes/Wiki.php(543): OutputPage->output()
#4 /var/www/ags/w/includes/Wiki.php(446): MediaWiki->main()
#5 /var/www/ags/w/index.php(59): MediaWiki->run()
#6 {main}

Exception caught inside exception handler: exception 'MWException' with message 'SkinTemplate::makeTalkUrlDetails given invalid pagename User:' in /var/www/ags/w/includes/SkinTemplate.php:721
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/ags/w/includes/SkinTemplate.php(648): SkinTemplate->makeTalkUrlDetails('User:')
#1 /var/www/ags/w/includes/SkinTemplate.php(448): SkinTemplate->buildPersonalUrls()
#2 /var/www/ags/w/includes/OutputPage.php(1989): SkinTemplate->outputPage()
#3 /var/www/ags/w/includes/Exception.php(227): OutputPage->output()
#4 /var/www/ags/w/includes/Exception.php(272): MWException->reportHTML()
#5 /var/www/ags/w/includes/Exception.php(620): MWException->report()
#6 /var/www/ags/w/includes/Exception.php(690): MWExceptionHandler::report(Object(MWException))
#7 /var/www/ags/w/includes/Wiki.php(449): MWExceptionHandler::handle(Object(MWException))
#8 /var/www/ags/w/index.php(59): MediaWiki->run()
#9 {main}

Feels bad man. :~(

AGA

Does this happen more than once?  Does it keep happening if you delete cookies / session vars and try again?

monkey0506

No. Nothing has changed. Exact same behavior. Multiple days. Multiple attempts clearing everything. Multiple systems. It's not a localized issue.

AGA

I'll try updating various plugins and scripts tonight, see if that helps.

Khris

Everything was fine a few hours ago, and suddenly every text is centered when I look at threads!
I checked the page with Firebug and I can't find any text-alignment rule. ???

I'd love to know what's causing this.

Ryan Timothy B

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk