Bug reports & suggestions

Started by AGA, Fri 25/01/2013 12:50:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: AGA on Mon 24/12/2018 17:48:04
Quote from: Stupot on Mon 24/12/2018 13:37:43
Sorry if this has been brought up already but the bbcode tables have lost their borders.

There will be a fair few minor graphical differences here and there, but unless it's actually causing a problem (or looks horrible!) it's probably not worth 'fixing'.

Idk if that depends on some browser settings or else, but for me it actually it looks pretty bad because it's not only lack of borders but also no distinct cell background; so instead of a table you see a text adjusted in rows and columns, making it not easy to perceive:

cell 11cell 12cell 13
cell 21cell 22cell 23
cell 31cell 32cell 33

AGA

Can you provide a screenshot of what you see?  And if you can work out what CSS needs to be adjusted to fix it, by all means let me know!

AGA

I've readded borders, but they look a little ugly.  If anyone has any idea as what properties would make them a bit prettier, please let me know!

cat

Newly added games don't show up in the forum profile. I added this game: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2316/ but it isn't listed. It is, however, shown in the list of games I also worked on when looking at another game's page.

AGA

Fixed! slasher also complained about the same issue a few days ago, and I fixed it then. Either I accidentally redeployed an old version of the fixed file, or it was gremlins. I blame the gremlins ¬¬

cat

It's working, thanks! Stupid gremlins  :P

Adeel

Dunno if anyone else has already reported this or not, but previously only the field(s) you'd filled in 'I can help with' would show up on your profile. Now, however, all the fields show up regardless of the ones you've filled. The only difference is that the ones you've filled show a custom text next to them (as they should) whereas the ones you leave out show blank space.

This makes it look awkward, especially if you've not filled any field whatsoever. This implies that the person can help with everything whereas they are probably not willing to help with anything at all. This might confuse a new member.

It's a minor thing, but I thought you'd like to know.

Haggis

It looks like there's a known bug with image links being broken.
Just in case there's two bugs here - my game https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2044/ has a broken primary image.
I tried to replace the broken image with a new one, however doing so generates multiple image deletion error messages and fails to complete.

[EDIT] Interestingly, it only appears broken on initial game page load - if I cycle between game screenshots and back to the 'primary' image, it will then load.

AGA

Quote from: Adeel on Mon 31/12/2018 20:29:13
Dunno if anyone else has already reported this or not, but previously only the field(s) you'd filled in 'I can help with' would show up on your profile. Now, however, all the fields show up regardless of the ones you've filled. The only difference is that the ones you've filled show a custom text next to them (as they should) whereas the ones you leave out show blank space.

This makes it look awkward, especially if you've not filled any field whatsoever. This implies that the person can help with everything whereas they are probably not willing to help with anything at all. This might confuse a new member.

It's a minor thing, but I thought you'd like to know.

I'll have a look, thaks.

Quote from: Haggis on Mon 31/12/2018 22:01:27
It looks like there's a known bug with image links being broken.
Just in case there's two bugs here - my game https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2044/ has a broken primary image.
I tried to replace the broken image with a new one, however doing so generates multiple image deletion error messages and fails to complete.

[EDIT] Interestingly, it only appears broken on initial game page load - if I cycle between game screenshots and back to the 'primary' image, it will then load.

Fixed!

eri0o

I have the error

00c4c6b7e2e1c777371d79d7] 2019-01-01 20:38:53: Fatal exception of type "InvalidArgumentException" .

When trying to load

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/wiki/Module_IndexCategory

AGA

Quote from: eri0o on Tue 01/01/2019 20:41:15
I have the error

00c4c6b7e2e1c777371d79d7] 2019-01-01 20:38:53: Fatal exception of type "InvalidArgumentException" .

When trying to load

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/wiki/Module_IndexCategory

Loads fine for me...  Does it work if you do a hard refresh, or view in another browser?

eri0o

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/wiki/AGS_Engine_Coding_Conventions

I get the error below

Code: ags

/wiki/AGS_Engine_Coding_Conventions InvalidArgumentException from line 203 of /home/ags/html/w/includes/session/SessionManager.php: Invalid session ID

Backtrace:

#0 /home/ags/html/w/includes/session/PHPSessionHandler.php(242): MediaWiki\Session\SessionManager->getSessionById(string, boolean)
#1 [internal function]: MediaWiki\Session\PHPSessionHandler->read(string)
#2 /home/ags/html/w/extensions/Auth_SMF.php(406): session_start()
#3 /home/ags/html/w/extensions/Auth_SMF.php(346): smf_sessionSetup()
#4 /home/ags/html/w/includes/Hooks.php(177): UserLogoutSMF(User)
#5 /home/ags/html/w/includes/Hooks.php(205): Hooks::callHook(string, array, array, NULL)
#6 /home/ags/html/w/includes/user/User.php(4065): Hooks::run(string, array)
#7 /home/ags/html/w/extensions/Auth_SMF.php(275): User->logout()
#8 /home/ags/html/w/includes/Hooks.php(177): AutoAuthenticateSMF(User, User)
#9 /home/ags/html/w/includes/Hooks.php(205): Hooks::callHook(string, array, array, string)
#10 /home/ags/html/w/includes/user/User.php(1343): Hooks::run(string, array, string)
#11 /home/ags/html/w/includes/user/User.php(449): User->loadFromSession()
#12 /home/ags/html/w/includes/user/User.php(2400): User->load()
#13 /home/ags/html/w/includes/MediaWiki.php(563): User->getName()
#14 /home/ags/html/w/includes/MediaWiki.php(522): MediaWiki->setDBProfilingAgent()
#15 /home/ags/html/w/index.php(42): MediaWiki->run()
#16 {main}

morganw

When trying to edit this page:
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/wiki/Keyword:_attribute

I got this:
Quote from: Internal error
[104536ca1a6d4a8a8ff0c1e6] /w/index.php?title=Keyword:_attribute&action=edit Error from line 489 of /home/ags/html/w/extensions/ConfirmEdit/SimpleCaptcha/Captcha.php: Class 'CaptchaTriggers' not found

Backtrace:

#0 /home/ags/html/w/extensions/ConfirmEdit/SimpleCaptcha/Captcha.php(554): SimpleCaptcha->triggersCaptcha(string, Title)
#1 /home/ags/html/w/extensions/ConfirmEdit/SimpleCaptcha/Captcha.php(214): SimpleCaptcha->shouldCheck(WikiPage, string, string, RequestContext)
#2 /home/ags/html/w/extensions/ConfirmEdit/includes/ConfirmEditHooks.php(62): SimpleCaptcha->editShowCaptcha(EditPage)
#3 /home/ags/html/w/includes/Hooks.php(177): ConfirmEditHooks::confirmEditPage(EditPage, array, integer)
#4 /home/ags/html/w/includes/Hooks.php(205): Hooks::callHook(string, array, array, NULL)
#5 /home/ags/html/w/includes/EditPage.php(4346): Hooks::run(string, array)
#6 /home/ags/html/w/includes/EditPage.php(3633): EditPage->getEditButtons(integer)
#7 /home/ags/html/w/includes/EditPage.php(2881): EditPage->showStandardInputs()
#8 /home/ags/html/w/includes/EditPage.php(674): EditPage->showEditForm()
#9 /home/ags/html/w/includes/actions/EditAction.php(60): EditPage->edit()
#10 /home/ags/html/w/includes/MediaWiki.php(500): EditAction->show()
#11 /home/ags/html/w/includes/MediaWiki.php(294): MediaWiki->performAction(Article, Title)
#12 /home/ags/html/w/includes/MediaWiki.php(861): MediaWiki->performRequest()
#13 /home/ags/html/w/includes/MediaWiki.php(524): MediaWiki->main()
#14 /home/ags/html/w/index.php(42): MediaWiki->run()
#15 {main}

morganw

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/awards/

QuoteDatabase query F.9.1 error: Unknown column 'multiple_winners' in 'where clause'

AGA

Quote from: morganw on Fri 11/01/2019 22:09:25
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/awards/

QuoteDatabase query F.9.1 error: Unknown column 'multiple_winners' in 'where clause'

Fixed.

Crimson Wizard

First of all, I never noticed when this feature appeared, but I'd like to give my big thanks to whoever implemented autocomplete in the game search :)

Now, this is not really a "bug" report, but I was wondering if it's possible to make this autocomplete a little bit different from surrounding text, like draw it on darker background?

AGA

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Wed 23/01/2019 21:12:31
First of all, I never noticed when this feature appeared, but I'd like to give my big thanks to whoever implemented autocomplete in the game search :)

Now, this is not really a "bug" report, but I was wondering if it's possible to make this autocomplete a little bit different from surrounding text, like draw it on darker background?

The technical side of the AGS site and forums is all me!  I've darkened the background a bit.  Can't go too dark though, or it'd clash with the rest of the page style.

selmiak

when adding a comment on a game in the DB you get redirected to the game page afterwards again. When deleting a comment you are stuck on that "comment deleted" page. I'd prefer to get redirected to the game page again as it is common (for me at least) to delete a comment and just after that add another comments with typos corrected and more info or whatelse I want to edit.

Can we have spoiler tags to hide some text in game comments?

AGA

Quote from: selmiak on Tue 05/02/2019 13:44:44
when adding a comment on a game in the DB you get redirected to the game page afterwards again. When deleting a comment you are stuck on that "comment deleted" page. I'd prefer to get redirected to the game page again as it is common (for me at least) to delete a comment and just after that add another comments with typos corrected and more info or whatelse I want to edit.

Can we have spoiler tags to hide some text in game comments?

Both should work now.  Use [spoiler]text[/spoiler] to add a spoiler to game descriptions or comments.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk