Bug reports & suggestions

Started by AGA, Fri 25/01/2013 12:50:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Snarky

Thanks! Turns out the PM notifications are actually being caught by Gmail's spam filter. Hmm...

AGA

I switched email hosts recently.  Ironically to Google, so apparently they find themselves suspicious.

Snarky

Hopefully by unspamming them, the filters will smarten up. (If people wanna PM me, I can speed up the training!)

Knoodn

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but...

I'm not able to download games from the database. I've tried different games with firefox and safari.
Clicking the "Download" button leads me to the site "Redirecting to download link in three seconds." and then nothing happend.

AGA

Quote from: Knoodn on Sun 19/01/2020 22:19:22
I'm not sure if this is the right place, but...

I'm not able to download games from the database. I've tried different games with firefox and safari.
Clicking the "Download" button leads me to the site "Redirecting to download link in three seconds." and then nothing happend.

Fixed!  Thanks for reporting.

eri0o

Not sure how to proceed, but I would like a place to post tools developed by community members to support development of AGS games, two recent ones are tzachs translation editor, and my winsetup alternative agsconfig. In the past I saw some font editors. I don't remember if there are much to justify a forum of their own or if an already existing forum could open space for it.

Cassiebsg

A forum for them would make it easier to find them.
I have this vague idea that there's also a speech dialogue editor somewhere...
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AGA

Surely this could go in Modules & Plugins.  Perhaps with a reworded name and description, but it seems related...

eri0o

Oh, other thing I noticed may be interesting to have a clear place to go are Tutorials, in the past there have been lots of useful ones that I only found by heavily searching - like a very useful one, I think by Calin Leafshade, about plug-in development. I learned things from it, but I found it by accident looking something else.  8-0 same case, can go on an existing place, but could have this in the description of some forum.

AGA

Lists of flat content is what wikis are for...  A tutorial doesn't really need a whole thread to discuss it, rather just a list on the wiki or main site, while a game or a plugin/interface probably would.

cat

What about a sticky post in Beginners' Technical Questions where tutorials are linked?

eri0o

That would be great  (nod)

I mean, I haven't written any but I can contribute with the ones I bookmarked in the forums!

cat

Then I suggest that you create such a thread and then ask the local moderator to sticky it.

Khris

Just a friendly reminder that this still isn't fixed :)

Quote from: Khris on Wed 04/12/2019 13:41:43
Looks like the forum just lost the default setting of  ags for   [code]  tags.

selmiak

Quote from: Vincent on Sun 05/01/2020 20:42:06
There's something wrong with the database today:

I'm getting this too now, even though it is said to be fixed. for me it is
Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/adventuregamestudio.co.uk/public_html/forums/cache/data_badbehavior-c831d06c.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/adventuregamestudio.co.uk/public_html/forums/Sources/bad-behavior/BadBehavior-SMF.php on line 174

AGA

Quote from: selmiak on Tue 28/01/2020 21:53:24
Quote from: Vincent on Sun 05/01/2020 20:42:06
There's something wrong with the database today:

I'm getting this too now, even though it is said to be fixed. for me it is
Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/adventuregamestudio.co.uk/public_html/forums/cache/data_badbehavior-c831d06c.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/adventuregamestudio.co.uk/public_html/forums/Sources/bad-behavior/BadBehavior-SMF.php on line 174

Fixed!

blur

MAGS January ââÂ,¬ŠÂ"MisfitsââÂ,¬Ã, (OPEN) looks like the OP's client text encoding was something different than the server's.

Stupot

Quote from: blur on Thu 30/01/2020 08:22:29
MAGS January ââÂ,¬ŠÂ"MisfitsââÂ,¬Ã, (OPEN) looks like the OP's client text encoding was something different than the server's.

Yes. I noticed this yesterday. That should be quote marks. " " I sometimes do it from my phone or laptop or my wife's MAC and I can't remember which one I used for that post. But something in the server must hve changed how it appears.

AGA

I made a change to hopefully support a wider range of 'foreign' characters.  But unfortunately it seems to have mangled some of the existing ones...  You can edit the post to readd whatever characters went wrong, and they should prevail then.

Snarky

It seems like more or less every extended character (typographic, foreign letters, etc.) in every old post has been mangled. Is it not possible to fix this?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk