RoN's birthday & future

Started by Renegade Implementor, Mon 18/02/2013 05:51:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Renegade Implementor

It's been 12 years since the 1st RoN game was released, so Happy Birthday RoN.

I'm looking ahead to the rest of the year and would like to know are there any themes or activities people would like to see/do.  For example, we used to hold art activities on the old forum - would people be interested in seeing that restarted?  The floor is open for suggestions/discussion.

zabnat

Happy birthday RoN!
Here is a little teaser for a birthday present.

Someone might remember this from way back (2008).
[imgzoom]http://bantza.raah.fi/ron/screens/epic_tales_from_strange_places.png[/imgzoom]
I didn't manage to finish it for the MAGS and kinda lost interest afterwards.

Well, after a "small" hiatus DVE decided he was not having that black and white stuff anymore.
[imgzoom]http://bantza.raah.fi/junk/ron_gameboycolor.png[/imgzoom]
I started to play around with AGS again this month and picked up this project. It is gonna get upgraded from Game Boy to Game Boy Color and battle system will be revamped.

BunnyShoggoth

As i've already mentoned, i'd love a RON starter pack in DOTT graphic style, with SCUMM 9 verb GUI and stuff. It is for a specific project of mine, which would approach the realms of Nihilism and Surreality (i.e. the creepy pirate, the mysterious man in the cow suit, etc.) from the side of detective/pananormal investigation.

Ponch

I've had a RON game that's about 25% complete on my hard drive for the last two years. I really need to finish it one of these days.  :undecided:

Renegade Implementor

If art activities were restarted, where do you think the best place for them to be held?  The competitions section or keep them in the RoN section?

Retro Wolf

Quote from: Renegade Implementor on Thu 14/03/2013 17:59:59
If art activities were restarted, where do you think the best place for them to be held?  The competitions section or keep them in the RoN section?

I'd say the competitions section, the RoN section of the forum isn't very active, It could get more people into RoN if more people see it.

DarkWater

I agree with posting it in the “Competitions” section. The RoN section is so far down on the main page, that I didn't even know such a great resource existed until about a month ago.
Who thinks to look below “Site and Forum Reports” and an “Archives” sections? :confused:
It could easily fit under the “AGS Games” or “Creative Productions” headers. Heck, even a sticky in the “Beginners” section would helpful for new users to AGS.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk