Blackwell Epiphany

Started by Dave Gilbert, Wed 20/02/2013 16:44:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Technocrat

Dave Gilbert

First Rosa recording session yesterday! My new recording room is a tad echoey, so until it's fully soundproofed, we gerryrigged a temporary solution:

Towels can solve anything!

Calin Leafshade

Try hanging a thick duvet a metre or so *behind* the actress.

A thin towel will likely absorb too much of the high end making the whole thing sound "boxy".

2 pence from a former sound tech. :D

EDIT:

Also, if thats a reflexion filter or something similar thats not a pop shield, it goes *behind* the microphone.

Dave Gilbert

That's a pop shield. I've ordered a reflexion filter as well!

Calin Leafshade

festilligambe

Quote from: Dave Gilbert on Fri 18/10/2013 14:25:35
Towels can solve anything!

Reminds me of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
New to programing, old school to adventure games

Dave Gilbert

Been doing nothing but recording, editing, and importing VO for the last two weeks. Here are some samples!

Rosa and Joey

Rosa and Durkin

Grundislav

Man, that Durkin sure has a sexy voice :P

Snarky

Hey, congrats to Ben on getting a full-time AGS job! And congrats to Dave and Janet on getting a full-time employee!

I have decided to take this as a sign that the next WEG game after Blackwell Epiphany will be an unprecedentedly ambitious and awesome affair. Not that BE won't be as well. It's just that, much as I like the Blackwell games, I'm really looking forward to seeing what else you can do.

ThreeOhFour

Thanks, Snarky! It feels like I've finally reached a place I've been trying to be for some years. Looking forward to giving the Blackwell series the farewell it deserves and seeing what's next! :)

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: Snarky on Mon 28/10/2013 19:24:45
Hey, congrats to Ben on getting a full-time AGS job! And congrats to Dave and Janet on getting a full-time employee!

I have decided to take this as a sign that the next WEG game after Blackwell Epiphany will be an unprecedentedly ambitious and awesome affair. Not that BE won't be as well. It's just that, much as I like the Blackwell games, I'm really looking forward to seeing what else you can do.

Thanks Snarky! There are a few other projects lined up after Epiphany (which WEG is publishing/assisting with and Ben is doing the art for), but I have given a LOT of thought to our next internal game. I've always wanted to do something more ambitious and now we can. :D

Dave Gilbert

So Ben's been hard at work making art, and I've been hard at work implementing it all:

Dave Gilbert

Starting to see the light at the end of the development tunnel! I just did my first playthrough that contains all the major elements. It's almost done aside from a few graphical elements and the VO.

Speaking of VO, here are some small samples:

Rosa's past catches up with her
Sam Durkin is back
Rosa does Joey proud

DrewCCU

I played the first 4 games and I am super excited for this one!
"So much of what we do is ephemeral and quickly forgotten, even by ourselves, so it's gratifying to have something you have done linger in people's memories."
-John Williams

Dave Gilbert

So we officially announced the game today! The game is set to launch in April. In the meantime, here is a teaser trailer:

[embed=720,405]http://youtu.be/6ZLCmUiC7SQ[/embed]

Slasher

Dave Gilbert

I saw! I didn't even know John Walker was a fan. :)

SSBFreak

I've always thought that the Blackwell games were real professional a well-made, and one of the true throwbacks to the adventure games of old. Definitely looking forward to this one!

Dave Gilbert

Just got the finalized poster image finished:

(by Karen Petrasko).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk