Richard & Alice :: Help us get on Steam, pretty please?

Started by Lewis, Thu 21/02/2013 08:08:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Lewis

Hello!

Richard & Alice is crazy-cheap this week. Only $2.50 from www.richardandalice.com.

We're really pleased with how everything's going. The reviews were fantastic, and our sales have been going okay too. But it would still be great to see more, of course!

Hope a few of you might pick it up. ;-)
Returning to AGS after a hiatus. Co-director of Richard & Alice and The Charnel House Trilogy.

Ubel

I noticed the offer on your website yesterday and immediately bought it. I'm playing it now and so far I'm enjoying the story!

EDIT: Well, I just finished the game and I gotta say, the story just kept getting better! Well worth playing!

m0ds

Great! I don't suppose you have any DVD copies left??

Lewis

Hello, delightful people!

It's quite exciting for us that Richard & Alice is inching its way closer and closer to the top 100 on Steam Greenlight.

We're at the stage where every little helps, so we're trying to rally the troops.

We have nothing to offer in return except unconditional love, but if you would like to upvote Richard & Alice on Greenlight then you would be a joyful creature. Here's a link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93292992

And if you were to ask very kindly your friends and family to do the same, might we even make the cut sooner rather than later?

Who knows. But thanks in advance to everyone who chooses to help out.

Cheers!
Returning to AGS after a hiatus. Co-director of Richard & Alice and The Charnel House Trilogy.

Igor Hardy

I'll try to spread the word, but I barely know anyone who uses Steam outside these forums tbh.

LimpingFish

Huh. It seems I already voted for it some time back. I don't check (or vote) on Greenlight that often, though, which is probably why I also forgot that I voted for the Toki remake. :-\
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Ali

Yep, on Ascovel's recommendation I also tried to vote - only to discover that I already had. Good luck!

EliasFrost

Just voted for it, I haven't played it but I watched Cry play it and I really loved it. Hope to see the game on Steam soon, I might pick it up as well in future but I'm currently low on dough. Good Luck!

kicker04

Seems really interesting but without voices it's nothing for me. I'm sorry... :X

Lewis

That's a shame. We specifically avoided voice acting because we knew we didn't have the budget to do it properly. So many games have sub-par voices and they really draw me out of the experience. If you do decide to give it a go, let me know how you get on.

kicker04

Sure good voices require a certain budget for not sounding rediculous and taking all the atmosphere. Agreed.
But for me personally no voices are a no-go in an adventure.

David Ostman

Unless the voice acting in an adventure game is absolutely amazing I regularly skip past it as soon as I've read the text.

You're entitled to your opinion of course, kicker04, but not even giving an adventure game a try because of it sounds a bit silly. This game certainly doesn't need voices to be a great experience as long as you have a shred of imagination.

TheBitPriest

I prefer reading.   To each their own... right?

Paul Franzen

Quote from: Lewis on Fri 22/11/2013 13:47:35
That's a shame. We specifically avoided voice acting because we knew we didn't have the budget to do it properly. So many games have sub-par voices and they really draw me out of the experience. If you do decide to give it a go, let me know how you get on.

That's exactly what we're doing, too--our budget is like this () so I don't think we'd be able to afford the kind of voice acting that would actually add to the game, rather than detract from it. It's a shame, but it is what it is. I'm glad to see you guys are doing well without it though (or so I assume; I keep seeing the name Richard and Alice pop up places).
The Beard in the Mirror (formerly testgame) - Out now on Steam! http://store.steampowered.com/app/385840
Other games I've worked on: http://paulmfranzen.com/games/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk