A Golden Wake - Coming October 9th from Wadjet Eye Games. DEMO AVAILABLE!

Started by Grundislav, Mon 25/02/2013 03:30:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamescluby

This will be great game
Keep your spirit!

m0ds

Looking great! Those screenshots in the first post are giving me a django unchained vibe for some reason..! (I think it's the cart...) Best of luck.

Tramponline

Quote from: Mods on Sun 19/05/2013 21:46:30
Those screenshots in the first post are giving me a django unchained vibe for some reason..!
What a base way of slagging off those beautiful graphics, Mods! (wrong)

DBoyWheeler

About time I chimed in my two bits on this.  And I'm glad this era was chosen for the setting.

We don't have enough adventure games that take place in that era (the Roaring 1920's).  Only two adventure games I could think of taking place in this era are the Laura Bow mysteries... and the one that REALLY gets the 1920's spirit on the head is the second one "Dagger of Amon Ra."

But this is the first one I've heard of that's 1920's FLORIDA, not Chicago (Illinois) or New York, which were more famous for their secretive liquor dealings.  (And the first Laura Bow mystery was in Louisiana, which I'm sure had some Prohibition-defying stuff too in the day).

So I say, carry on.  We look forward to the finished product.

Grundislav

Three brand new screenshots in the first post.

Armageddon

In the last shot the main character has conflicting pixel resolution, AGS does this randomly for some reason. I think it's only in DirectDraw3D maybe, it always bothers me, it's in Gemini Rue too in only one room. Everything else looks great though, maybe the horizon trees in the last shot look a little weird too.

Grundislav

Thought it was time to provide an update to this thread.

The game has hit alpha, meaning it's fully playable from start to finish, but still missing several art assets as well as a few puzzles.

Also, the game has been officially signed with a publisher.  Look for it later this year!

A couple of new screenshots:

KodiakBehr

Yay!  Can you give us a hint as to who you've signed with?

TGames

Grundislav

Quote from: KodiakBehr on Tue 04/02/2014 01:25:36

But mystery is fun :D

abstauber

Looking great - a huge leap indeed from the Anaheim version 8-)

KodiakBehr

Quote from: Grundislav on Tue 04/02/2014 06:17:24

But mystery is fun :D

Well this looks just fantastic, and your blog has been really educational for me.  Congrats and keep up the great work!

Armageddon

Easily my most anticipated adventure game. Looks like it's going to be a very good year for the genre. :-D How come your images are slightly scaled so it's all blurry?

Andail

Looking good, Grundislav, I admire your passion and ambition, basically learning to draw from scratch and putting together all this art for game after game.

hm yeah who can it be...

Monsieur OUXX

I must say your graphics have greatly improved since the old Ben Jordan games... Now they're much cleaner, and the colors are more balanced.

Your character sprites are very nice too. By the way I know it's not the place to discuss it, but if I may (and I may not), I'd only recommend paying extra attention to the shadings in the portraits close-ups: your shades have a tendency to be "plain" black, instead of being "tinted" black (i.e. dark brown for the skin shading). I'd suggest using "plain" black only for edges/outlines (it's what cell shading does to a certain extent), and slightly coloring all other dark parts. In the image below you did it right on the bowtie -- do the same thing to the face.

http://www.grundislavgames.com/_res/images/agoldenwake/agw6.png

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Thu 13/02/2014 17:51:02...but if I may (and I may not)...

Should have stopped there ;)

I'm not going to point out the rules since you announced you knew you shouldn't be offering it, and then did it anyway.

StillInThe90s

Congrats on alpha and publisher and whatnot!
Couple of questions:
What resolution is this? 320x240?
I assume you're going for a commercial release. Will there be voiceovers?

Everything is looking very good so far. Especially the backgrounds.
I bet you smell good too.

Grundislav

Quote from: StillInThe90s on Thu 13/02/2014 18:48:30
Couple of questions:
What resolution is this? 320x240?
I assume you're going for a commercial release. Will there be voiceovers?

Everything is looking very good so far. Especially the backgrounds.
I bet you smell good too.

The resolution is 320x200, and yes, there will be voiceovers.

Thanks. I've been told I smell like cookies and petunias.

StillInThe90s

Thank you. That's encouraging.
I thought I was the only one not frowning over 320x200.  :-D

Takyon

Quote from: Andail on Thu 13/02/2014 16:07:33
Looking good, Grundislav, I admire your passion and ambition, basically learning to draw from scratch and putting together all this art for game after game.

hm yeah who can it be...

Lool I thought this as well. Keeping my eye on this though... looks amazing. Great premise.
ghost.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk