A Golden Wake - Coming October 9th from Wadjet Eye Games. DEMO AVAILABLE!

Started by Grundislav, Mon 25/02/2013 03:30:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

Ahh yeah that's what I meant. Not that he was actually scaling down by half but that he appears to shrink because he's not scaling up as he moves down. But anyway, s'not a real problem, just something I noticed. Probably a bit late now, but maybe in a later patch you could just cut some of the walkable area away to lessen the effect :-)

Cassiebsg

Good job with the demo, there's a few things I hope will get more polished in the end version though. Or is it meant that the portrait shoot has no talk cycle? If so, I see no real advantage to use the portrait.
Also, there's no way to stop the conversation in the first dialog at the train station. You need to run all the options, before the "end conversation" option shows up.

But really nice puzzle with the sales pitch, I found out I'm probably better at selling than I realized, though.(laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Grundislav

The portraits are not animated on purpose, for several reasons. They do change expressions, however.

The first conversation with Doc only requires you to ask about Coral Gables and then George Merrick before you can exit it.

Cassiebsg

Okay, but my point was, that I wanted to get out and go to the settings to turn out the voice (as my kid was watching cartoons) and I was trapped. Had to close the game and start over with the sound off.
Is there a reason you are forcing the player to ask these questions? I'm sure any good adventurer, won't leave the scene without running all the dialogs anyway.

Grundislav

Because I wanted to make sure the pertinent information was established before being able to leave the conversation. Not every player clicks every single dialogue option, and being able to leave the conversation but not the screen because you hadn't asked about the important information would have been more frustrating, I feel.

In any case, it's one of the only conversations in-game where this occurs (there may be one or two more, but they happen later on.)

Andail

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sun 05/10/2014 20:54:02
Okay, but my point was, that I wanted to get out and go to the settings to turn out the voice (as my kid was watching cartoons) and I was trapped. Had to close the game and start over with the sound off.
Is there a reason you are forcing the player to ask these questions? I'm sure any good adventurer, won't leave the scene without running all the dialogs anyway.
This feels a bit like nitpicking. Surely you could just have lowered the master volume during that first conversation?

Cassiebsg

Never mind me, I'm a nitpicker. sorry about that.
I'll try to keep from making further comments. Sorry...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk