Astroloco: Worst Contact - Now available for purchase!

Started by MurrayL, Thu 14/03/2013 21:06:29

Previous topic - Next topic

MurrayL

We made it! It seems like only yesterday we were demoing the game at Adventure X with half-finished voice-over and a tonne of weird bugs.
Thanks for everyone's support along the way, and I hope you enjoy the game, whether you had a hand in its making or not!

I'll keep this post updated with new storefronts (and press/reviews) as they approve the game, so if you don't see a marketplace that you're comfortable with please make sure you check back later!

"Astroloco: Worst Contact is a fun, charming point and click game with clever writing and absurd situations. If you're a fan of classic point and click adventure games, then you'll have a great time with this." 8.5 / 10 - BrutalGamer.com

Buy it now!
FireFlower Games - €4.99
Get Games - £3.99
Desura - £3.99
Green Man Gaming - £3.99
Amazon US - $5.99
More stores to be added very soon. We're just waiting for the files to be approved!

Try the demo:
Direct download (23.5MB)

Summary:
In the far future, humans explore and colonise space using ridiculously deadly, moon-sized trains - 'Astro Locomotives'. They're operated by enormous, competing railroad companies and train vs. train combat is (expensively) common.
Take control of a mistreated mechanic and a swashbuckling pilot as you try to save Gilbert Station from destruction at the hands of an alien death fleet!

Features:
* Classic 1990s adventure gameplay! Inspired by genre classics such as Space Quest, Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle.
* Trains. In space. That's worth the entry price, right there.
* The funniest writing in an adventure game this side of the millenium. That might be a positive or a negative, depending on how much you enjoy laughing until you dribble.
* Two playable characters for the price of one.
* Fully voiced (including some members of the AGS community)! You'll also be able to turn the voice-over off, since we know some of you like to do that. Just know that every time someone ticks that particular box in the game settings, we'll kill one of our voice actors.
* Fully soundtracked! Features music from internet megastar Brad Turcotte (aka Brad Sucks).
* The 'unique' graphical style of subAtomic and Plan M (both of which are included as a bundle if you purchase A:WC)!
* Interesting puzzles and minigames! We know a lot of you adventure gamers out there like to actually have some challenge in your games. For everyone else, just curl up tight, hold down your Escape key, and hope it ends soon.
* 20 in-game achievements to be unlocked, if you have nothing better to do.
* Optional Developers' Commentary mode, so you can have a worrying insight into our strange little minds.

Media:

[embed=420,315]<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/lcc5RjDfaSU?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/lcc5RjDfaSU?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>[/embed]

Contact us:
* Official website
* Twitter: @HungryPlanetGS, or my personal account @GameDevIdeas
* Facebook

MurrayL

UK gamers rejoice! Astroloco is now available via Get Games for £3.99!
The first post has been updated with the new link.

MiteWiseacreLives!

How's the greenlight coming along? I put a vote in for you.. I would like to pick it up, willing to wait a little for the steam vers.

MurrayL

Greenlight is, unfortunately, a very slow process when your team (and marketing budget) is as small as ours!

I'd encourage you to pick the game up from one of the available stores for now. If and when Astroloco arrives on Greenlight, just get in touch and we'll gladly give you a Steam key!

Speaking of other stores, I think we're now on Amazon too. I can't verify from my phone, but I'll investigate later this evening and update the topic if necessary.

Edit: It's 25% off over at Get Games at the moment, as an introductory offer!

Tenacious Stu

This game looks great. I was sad that I missed the last Adventure X and was unable to take a look first hand. I'm not sure what to make of the difference in the backgrounds to the character sprites, but I think that it adds to comedic effect. I'll be sure to pick this up when I get a bit of time (and money). Congrats on release and all the best with Steam greenlight.

PS: Loved the spinning-chair Pirate in the trailer  ;)

MurrayL

Thanks - the most common reaction at Adventure X was that people got used to the graphical dissonance fairly quickly.

I hope you enjoy it when you get a chance to play!

For any American adventure game fans who haven't picked the game up yet, you can now also get Astroloco from Amazon US!

Edit: Also, Desura.

qptain Nemo

I played the demo of this because it was eligible for the AGS awards. I'm utterly shocked it didn't get nominated. Easily one of the most impressive AGS demos I've played. I'm excited as hell about the game, and I'm buying it ASAP. I've only played the demo yet but I just can't contain myself. Great job, you guys. Simply fantastic stuff. So hilarious and lovely.

KodiakBehr

That endorsement's good enough for me.  I'll pick it up within the hour.

CaptainD

It didn't get nominated in the AGS awards, but AstroLoco has picked up an Aggie nomination for Best Comedy Writing!
http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/25974

Congrats guys - well deserved. ;-D

NickyNyce

Congrats guys. I love your writing, hilarious stuff.

KodiakBehr

This game is AWESOME.  Loving it very much.  Spat out my drink after talking to the security guard.  Thank you for this.

MurrayL

Thanks for the kind words - it's always great to hear from people enjoying the game!

Ionias

After playing the demo, I've decided that I'm going to purchase a copy. At first I admit I was a bit put off by the style of the character graphics. However, the voices, comedy and over all excellent production values won me over. I'll be back to comment later, after I play the full game.

*edit*
Well it seems I've found a disturbing bug...
Spoiler
In Act 2 the last thing on my list to fix that I figured out was the Oxygen Suit puzzle. So then in the cut scene, Ronald continued to be wearing his space suit and on board the pirate ship, I've got the annoying overlay of the oxygen meter. :( Not game breaking, just visually disrupting for my gameplay.
[close]
*edit*
And I've finished the game. I'm replaying it now with the director's commentary. I enjoyed it a lot, money well spent.

MurrayL

Whoops! Sorry about the bug there. I managed to squash most of those kind of bugs before release, but I definitely wish we had had a dedicated team for QA! Glad you enjoyed the rest of the game, though.

MurrayL

I do hope I'm not stepping on any toes by bumping an ancient release thread, but I've just learnt that Astroloco: Worst Contact has been Greenlit on Steam!

Not sure how long it'll take for us to get all the wranglings sorted, and there's some work I'd like to do in fixing the game up for re-release, but it is, 100%, for suresies, coming!

Thanks for all the support - and if you helped in development (voice actors, I'm lookin' at you) you'll be very much entitled to a Steam key (even if you already have a copy of the game from us).

Stupot

Congrats on the Greenlight ;-D
I've yet to play this. Maybe I'll get this fixed-up Steam version when it's ready :-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk