AGS 180 Darts 2 - The Second Step To The Perfect Game

Started by Shade, Sun 17/03/2013 01:17:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Shade

It comes completely from scratch...

AGS 180 Darts 2

The focus of the first AGS 180 Darts was on an easy gameplay. You were able to control everything with just one button. Basically this hasn't changed in the new version. So what's the deal?

The focus is more one the darts experience this time. Here are some impressions:

The main menu

Who will battle against Phil Taylor?

Player 1 hits triple 20 on the way to a 9-darter

Player 2 missing 5 darts on a double in double-in mode

Mighty Mike has to hit double 18 to win the first leg

thats new:

- one button gameplay with new throw-system
- 1024x768
- single game with customizable gameplay:
    - throw on bull's-eye to determin who begins the first leg
    - double-in
    - decide how many legs/sets you are going to play
    - decide how many points one leg has
- save a replay of your match
- now you can see your average, double rate, highest checkout, how often you hit a score 100+, 140+ and how many 180s you hit
- if you play with 501 points you can see whether you are still able to hit a 9-darter or not
- all of that is displayed as seen on tv
- if you play with sets you have to win the last one by two clear legs and at the end there will be sudden death
- more complex ai (if you choose Shade as your opponent you are able to customize his stats)
- don't want to play but to write down the scores? be the chalker! (kind of like a small training program)

Whats the progress?

- Graphics 100%
- Scripting 100%
- Music/Sound 100%

Release: Hopefully some time in the near future. ;)

I hope you like this first impression and if you liked the first game then you'll love this one.  :)

Shade

*Update 01.04.2013

How does this years world championship final look like in this game? This is the question i asked myself after i finished the ai a few days ago. So i put up a match of Michael van Gerwen against Phil Taylor, recorded the replay of it and put it up so you can download the video and see the result for yourself. The overall ai strength is set to the highest difficulty.

van Gerwen vs. Taylor (164mb)

Ghost

Looks like a huge improvement over the first Darts, and I already loved that one! Godspeed, Shade, I have a cosy spot on my harddrive for this one!

Slasher

One hundred and eighty!

I look forward to throwing a dart or two very soon (nod)

selmiak

show me how you score 180 with a dart or two pls! ;)

but yeah, I'd like to throw at least 3 darts too ;)

Shade

Here is a small update: i spent a lot of time on this during the last two weeks and its going pretty well. I think the game should be completed by may. I updated the first post according to the progress and i uploaded a gameplay video (see first post as well). Hope you like what you see. :-)

Shade

Darth Mandarb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk