Make money with AGS games?

Started by pl1x, Thu 04/04/2013 01:30:54

Previous topic - Next topic

pl1x

Well, I'm not someone who want lots of money. But I have a question! Can I sell my AGS game? Okay, I'm sure that I write Chris Jones in the Credits and all that, but it is okay when I'm doing that? I mean there are other AGS games out where you can pay (if you want). There is a free version of Cart Life and a version that is not free! Thanks for help!

Cheers!
- Marcel / pl1x

kaput

Of course one can sell AGS games (or any game you make). That's completely up to the developer, they don't need permission. Just make sure it's 'sell-worthy'.

And read up on the legalities too.

pl1x

Okay, I really thank you! Well, the point was that I don't know how it is with the permission (if I need one or not and something like that)!

Cheers!
- Marcel / pl1x

Technocrat

I certainly intend to make money with them - I shall be starting to sell one within the next couple of weeks!

Stupot

Quote from: Technocrat on Thu 04/04/2013 12:59:47
I certainly intend to make money with them - I shall be starting to sell one within the next couple of weeks!
Oh shall you now? Sweet! Good luck :)

CaptainD

Ooh, does that mean Johnny Hurricane is about to take off?  :-D

AGA

Make sure you're using the MP3 free version if you want to be not sued.

Sslaxx

Quote from: AGA on Thu 04/04/2013 19:24:40
Make sure you're using the MP3 free version if you want to be not sued.
I'm aware it might torque some people off, but (if it isn't already) shouldn't the no-MP3 version be default?
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

AGA

Why?  MP3s are probably the most widely used digital audio format, and it only has implications if you want to sell your game.

I probably wouldn't use something as lossy as MP3 myself, but I'd say the majority of people, particularly less computer literate ones, would...

Technocrat

Quote from: CaptainD on Thu 04/04/2013 13:30:21

Ooh, does that mean Johnny Hurricane is about to take off?  :-D

Very droll! Johnny's still taxiing in a holding pattern, but is going to look rather shinier when I'm done with it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk