AGS 3.3.0 Release Candidate

Started by Crimson Wizard, Thu 04/04/2013 19:16:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimson Wizard

So... do we release this? If yes, then how is this organized?
I will now make another build with couple of last-time additions (nothing special, just very minor fixups by Tzachs and me). Where do I upload it, where do I post? :)

selmiak

Importing a 3.2.1 game into 3.3.0 is as easy as opening the project in the new editor and confirming that it was made with an older version? How does oldstyle audioscripting import?

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: selmiak on Sat 08/02/2014 15:41:13
Importing a 3.2.1 game into 3.3.0 is as easy as opening the project in the new editor and confirming that it was made with an older version?
Almost, except few deprecated commands. Check "Upgrading to AGS 3.3" in the manual.

How does oldstyle audioscripting import?
It should work as in 3.2.1 (with proper Backward-compatibility option in General Settings).

Billbis

I can download, install, run and compile a project with AGS-3.3.0.exe.
Well done, team ! :)

Radiant

I also confirm that it works. Thank you very much for your hard work!

cat

This is the first offical community-made build, right? Congratulations for getting it done!

selmiak

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Sat 08/02/2014 15:55:46
Importing a 3.2.1 game into 3.3.0 is as easy as opening the project in the new editor and confirming that it was made with an older version?
Almost, except few deprecated commands. Check "Upgrading to AGS 3.3" in the manual.

Are these all commands that are deprecated?
Code: ags

void SetVoiceMode(eVoiceMode);        // use Speech.VoiceMode
void SetSkipSpeech(int skipFlag);     // use Speech.SkipStyle
void SetSpeechStyle(eSpeechStyle);    // use Speech.Style

int game.close_mouth_end_speech_time; // use Speech.AnimationStopTimeMargin
int game.speech_text_align;           // use Speech.TextAlignment
int game.skip_speech_specific_key;    // use Speech.SkipKey
int game.talkanim_speed;              // use Speech.GlobalSpeechAnimationDelay

miguel

Congratulations to everybody that worked on this. You're keeping AGS alive.
Thank you.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Ghost

Tested the exe and found it flawless- importing 3.2.1. projects is smooth as hell. Congrats to everyone involved! And Zoidberg!

ZIP is once again leading straight to a 404 though.

GMD1984

Thank you for your hard work! Everyone. I'm going to update my game to 3.3.0 soon!

selmiak

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Sat 08/02/2014 15:08:43
I will now make another build with couple of last-time additions (nothing special, just very minor fixups by Tzachs and me).

please test these last minute additions at least twice or thrice or a lot. last minute additions tend to be a pain in the ass sometimes ;)

abstauber

Yes, we all want 3.3.0 to be finally released. But pretty pretty please consider fixing the Undo-History :~(

Unfortunately this behavior is quite unpredictable. It seems that after a couple of minutes, the history for a file is simply gone.
This works pretty well for me:
Edit a few scripts and save. Now read the forums. After a few minutes come back to AGS. Now the Undo-History from the last edited file exists, for the other files it's gone or just reaches 1-2 steps back.

To be honest this is driving me nuts, because at some points I can't remember what I did to break the game. Only that now I can't undo my way out of this mess ;)

Crimson Wizard

We have a bug in 2.72 import. :( Needs to be fixed.
At the moment I know only that it appeared somewhen in last 4 months.

Radiant

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Mon 10/02/2014 11:17:05
Please elaborate? I haven't noticed issues importing anything, so if there's something going on that's hard to spot I'd like to know about it.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Radiant on Mon 10/02/2014 11:51:49
Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Mon 10/02/2014 11:17:05
Please elaborate? I haven't noticed issues importing anything, so if there's something going on that's hard to spot I'd like to know about it.
It's very easy to spot, the 2.72 project just fails to import with error message about corrupted data format. This happens if the game has any global messages. The bug was introduced only about 3 months ago.
Fixed now, will have to re-build the version.
Gurok's pull request sort-of made me to find this :).

Ghost

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Mon 10/02/2014 11:57:20
This happens if the game has any global messages.

For some reason it makes me incredibly happy to see these are still used. Oh man. Memories!

Blackthorne

Just imported my game into it with no problems - running smooth and beautifully!  Thanks to all who worked on this; it's amazing.

Bt
-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

http://www.infamous-quests.com

Radiant

It's very easy to spot, the 2.72 project just fails to import with error message about corrupted data format. This happens if the game has any global messages. The bug was introduced only about 3 months ago.
Is it "read_gui: file is corrupt"? That's the error I'm getting now on importing a small test project.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Radiant on Mon 10/02/2014 22:24:41
Is it "read_gui: file is corrupt"? That's the error I'm getting now on importing a small test project.
Yes, that one.

I am discussing with tzachs now will he be able to fix an Undo bug in the Editor. I will remake release later on this week.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk