The Perfidious Petrol Station - Fully Talkie!

Started by Technocrat, Wed 10/04/2013 13:49:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Technocrat

A former part of the AGS Summerbatch, Nancy makes her way out independently for the first time, into the

PERFIDIOUS PETROL STATION

"Nancy The Happy Whore is… about what it sounds like, but nowhere near as naughty unless words like ‘cannabis' and ‘ass' make you quiver."
- Richard Cobbett, PC Gamer

"There's a sense of freedom in playing Nancy that I admire in this gem from Technocrat, and whilst the storyline itself is all about prostitution, crime and drugs, it's really quite an innocent little game."
- Will Ross

When a travelling lady-of-the-night finds herself running out of fuel on the way to the Big City, she discovers more than she bargained for in this gruesome gas-station. Relying on her wits and the help of her best friend and crack-fiend, Susie the Drug Addict, things start to go from “bad” to “weird” as she must not only find vital fuel for her car, but also put a stop to an armed robbery, defeat an ancient and evil (but extremely polite) cult, and show a young man that becoming a hippy is never the right answer. Can she fulfil the prophecy, and uncover the mystery of â€" THE PERFIDIOUS PETROL STATION?

The timeless story of a young woman needing gasoline, and nowehere near the giant leap backwards for womens' rights you may think it is! Coming from a tradition of naughty humour and dodgy puns in adventure stretching back as far as "Leisure Suit Larry", Nancy's first adventure is a nostalgic romp into the kind of surreal story that only exists within adventure games.

Featuring:
- Non-linear art!
- Fully-voiced comedy adventure with a talented multinational cast
- Disturbing social commentary on the issues of modern womanhood!
- Two languages: English and German!
- Two-to-three hours of comedy adventure!
- Surreal humour and dry British wit

Available now at FireFlower Games, for just â,¬3.99

- Did you already get it as part of the Summerbatch? GREAT! You'll be getting an e-mail with a discount code, so you'll only have to pay for the voices and new features.

- Considering reviewing it for a website/blog/magazine/publication? AWESOME! Drop me an e-mail (jod@technocratgames.com) and I'll send you the press pack.

Fitz

Hm... The trailer on that site doesn't feature any spoken lines by any of the ladies... Is that in order to conceal the fact they are both voiced by a male actor ;)

Aaaanyway... patiently waiting for that discount e-mail I'm supposed to get :)

Retro Wolf

Armageddon

Five pixel deep cleavage, oh my!

I'll have to buy it as soon as possible.

AJA

Still lots of fun after my third or fourth playthrough! ;D
Also, surprisingly good voice acting as a whole, even if the audio quality could be better. Music's also a bit too loud by default but thankfully you can adjust the volume in the options.

Some bugs/problems I ran into:
Spoiler
- Whenever there's background speech, there's no speech audio, eg. in the bathroom (interacting with the urinals) or when Susie's holding Nancy up.
- Mr Green's line "Fine, fine, just do it quickly." has the wrong audio.
- Sometimes sound effects cover up speech when the sound hasn't yet stopped playing.
[close]

Fitz, no worries, both leading ladies were voiced very well by actual females. At least that's what it sounded like, I forgot to pay attention during credits. :P

Technocrat

Quote from: AJA on Sun 14/04/2013 14:44:13

Fitz, no worries, both leading ladies were voiced very well by actual females. At least that's what it sounded like, I forgot to pay attention during credits. :P

I should hope so, I'm marrying one of them!

Technocrat

Hello thar! Just thought I should say, The Perfidious Petrol Station is now available on Desura, for all those interested in playing it from there!

It's apparently at 19th in popularity on there, so apparently people know good games when they see them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk