Fortnightly Writing Competition: Invading Aliens! (WINNER ANNOUNCED)

Started by kconan, Sun 07/04/2013 16:08:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Chef!

There was allot of great entries and I liked them all in there own way but I'm voting for Stupot+. I liked the flow and I thought it was a clever idea how he recorded the conversation what a twist. 

Stupot

I also will vote for Atelier. Nice descriptions and cool format.

Ponch

Adam H

I vote Baron, for holding my interest and making me laugh.

kconan

We've got a tie folks.  :-\ I'll give it a half-day more to allow for more votes.

kconan

I hereby invoke the Hostmaser General power of breaking ties...Gotta go with Baron!  Atelier has a great little screenplay there, and Baron just edges it out with a hilarious scenario that reminds us that hottie aliens could easily invade as long as dudes are heads of state.

Your trophy Baron...Also, PM me your Steam handle so I can gift you XCOM.

Atelier gets the silver of course, and...

...dead alien heads encased in glass for Chef! and Stupot+

Enjoyed the entries, all were quality and varied enough (meaning not the same invasion style/tactics) to keep the reader guessing.  Thanks for playing!

WHAM

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Baron

Hey Hey!!   :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:   It turns out that sometimes the voting public knows what they're talking about! ;)   
       In all seriousness, I thought this time around was one of the stiffest competitions we've had in a while.  Admittedly I've only really kept my eye on this comp over the past six months, but still I was very impressed with the quality and quantity of entries.  Hopefully this will continue in the next stunning instalment of....

THE FORTNIGHTLY WRITING COMPETITION!!!
Theme to be announced shortly.  Stand by....

EDIT: Man, I loved UFO: Enemy Unknown back in the day....  So too did this guy who lived a couple doors down in my college dorm: I could never get rid of that guy!  He was always on my computer!  Anyway, I'm not on Steam and I don't really have spare time as such, so... reluctantly... I'm going to have to give up the X-COM prize to Atelier.

kconan

I forgot that its unofficial and actually clicked on the smiley dropdown in attempts to find the Baron Smileyâ,,¢.  And now, I shall return to my evil and sinister-y plans of finding a way to shoehorn it into this post...

PM me your Steam handle Atelier. 

Atelier

Quote from: Baron on Wed 01/05/2013 01:37:24
I'm not on Steam and I don't really have spare time as such, so... reluctantly... I'm going to have to give up the X-COM prize to Chef/Stupot.

Let's play pass the XCOM! Where will it stop I wonder?

Seriously though, I'm in the same position as Baron (congrats btw)! It's a very kind offer but Chef and Stupot will have to toss a coin or something.

Ponch

Congrats, everyone. If I hadn't scratched my cornea, I would have happily entered this contest. But alas, I could not look at the computer screen for more than a few minutes for more than a week.  :undecided:

Also, how is a free copy of X-Com getting passed around like an old shoe? The mind boggles!  :shocked:

kconan

So between Chef and Stupot+ whoever sends me a Steam handle first gets XCOM.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk