Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis on Wii

Started by Snake, Sat 13/04/2013 21:10:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Snake

What a great surprise I got last night whilst playing "Indiana Jones and the Staff if Kings". On the main menu there is an "Extras" option. Here you can find movie trailers and other stuff. I saw something called, "Extra Modes". There are a couple online modes (that I am curious to see what they are, but I do not have enough "Glory Points" (no, not "Glory Holes", you perverted bastards) to unlock them) and at the bottom of the list I see, "Fate of Atlantis".

O_O

"Can it be??", I say.

I click with my mind racing, "No way! Could this be the adventure game!!?", "It's probably something stupid, like pictures or something to read telling of the past adventure games with Indy...", "But wouldn't that be fuckin' awesome if it was the GAME??!!"

Holy shit.

:O

It is, in fact, "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis", right here, on my Wii. @_@

Sah-Weet.

I have unfortunately never had the pleasure of playing that game and now I can. I'm not sure if there were talkie and non-talkie versions, but this one is the talkie version.

So I enjoyed a little FoA last night and plan to play again in a little while. What a great surprise! I finally get to play one of the best adventures :D

I must say that I am impressed with the amount of animations and quality of music, sound effects and art. Great game so far and I'm only at the beginning. I'm an asshole for expecting LESS from LucasArts. What was I thinking?! Honestly, I'm really not sure WHAT I was expecting, I guess.

I thought I'd share this!

(any discussions?)

PS
Sad to hear about LucasArts, btw. When I came to post this, I found the thread :(
What a shame... all though I can't say I'm sad to see a slow-down in Star Wars titles :P
Bring back the good shit, please ;)

\\--EDIT--//

I forgot to express how well it plays on the Wii with the Wiimote. I always thought the Wii would be a perfect console for adventure games, and I still believe so. Now it gets me to wonder if there are any other Adventure Games available on the Wii. Do any of you know of any?
I know I could install the Homebrew channel and install DosBox or SCUMM or some shit to play some of them, but I'm too scared to brick my Wii.
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

bush_monkey

I hacked my wii to be able to play the emulators and everything else. It's so simple (as long as you own the relevant game) I've gone on to do it for quite a few friends and family members since.  It's very hard to brick the Wii.

ScummVM doesn't work for me though, it always complains about my wii ISO and I've tried to get it to work quite a lot!

As for adventure games on Wii, there's Zak and Wiki and Sam and Max season 1 and 2 are also available.

Stupot

That's pretty cool.  I don't own a wii, though :(

CaptainD

Tales of Monkey Island season one was also released on Wii - hopefully with a less annoying movement interface!!

Maybe not quite adventure gaming, but I think the CSI games have made it onto Wii too.

Snake

Quote from: Bush_MonkeyIt's so simple (as long as you own the relevant game)
You must mean
Spoiler
the Twilight Princess hack?
[close]
I've read about other ways to do it though which don't include that... or maybe I've misunderstood you?

Quote from: Stupot+That's pretty cool.  I don't own a wii, though :(
GAH! The Wii isn't for everyone anyway, it DOES have a library full of shitty games. Some are good though :)

Quote from: CaptainDMaybe not quite adventure gaming, but I think the CSI games have made it onto Wii too.
Yes, they have been. I actually saw one this weekend and almost bought it... until I saw Indy! There was another Indy game too, which I think was the one following "The Staff of Kings". Really wish I grabbed it now.
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

frenzykitty

I think you can get the first Broken Sword game on Wii :-)

MiteWiseacreLives!

Strong Bad games are on Wii Ware for download, they're pretty fun telltale stuff...

bush_monkey

Quote from: Snake on Sat 13/04/2013 23:43:26

Spoiler
the Twilight Princess hack?
[close]

That's one of them but personally I used
Spoiler
Yu-gi-oh Wheelie Breaker which was a much cheaper game at the time
[close]

LimpingFish

There's only one Indiana Jones game on the Wii (apart from the LEGO one), but there are a few other adventures. Some PC ports made it over, like the Secret Files games, a couple of Sherlock Holmes titles, and the Broken Sword remake.

Zak & Wiki is one of the few exclusive Wii adventures, and arguably the best. Europe got a few more, like Another Code: R, and more PC ports; Diabolik, So Blonde, and the second Runaway game among them.

You can get the first three Phoenix Wright games on Wiiware, though. ;-D
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk