What's your "Day Job"

Started by frenzykitty, Sun 14/04/2013 19:44:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Adeel

I have worked as an Urdu to English (freelance) translator before. Planning to start tutoring from this month (or maybe next).

voh

Trained as an English to Dutch translator, aspiring fiction writer, actually a software developer.

Sometimes confused.
Still here.

Stupot

Finally got a job. It's only a month-long English teaching gig at a summer school, but at least for now I don't have to call myself unemployed for a few weeks. :)

Disco

I work as a server in a fine dining restaurant.

Eggie

Part-time retail asshole.
The only part-time retail asshole on this entire board apparently.
Wow. To hell with you guys and your interesting jobs. To. Hell.

MiteWiseacreLives!

Full time retail manager.
Probably in the same sub-category as you Eggie.

KodiakBehr

Diplomat, planning to move into high school education.

milkanannan

Sorry to bring the thread back but was also interested in what other people did. I teach ESL here in sunny Dubai.

Some other posters have seriously cool jobs! Anyone want to trade? (laugh)

Stupot

I'm also in the EFL game. Since my post above I have come [back] to Japan and had two jobs, first as an assistant language teacher in two junior high schools and then as a teacher in an eikaiwa (English conversation school) which is ironic considering I am a terrible conversationalist.

I like the job though. Get to meet lots of interesting folks, including a member of AKB48. Just yesterday I taught a woman who is one of the top judges on the international figure-skating scene. Although equally there are some excruciating, boring-as-hell housewifes and salaryman who have nothing to talk about other than how much 'nothing special' they do between lessons.

Gurok

I'm a software developer. I work in Java and Javascript.
It's software as a service that graphic design studios use.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

dactylopus

I'm in broadcasting.  My job title is  Master Control Operator.

On a good day, this means I watch TV for a living.

On a bad day, it means I try to figure out why the TV went off the air and fix it.

Andail

I'm a teacher half of the time and game developer half of the time.

Blondbraid

I currently don't have any job, I'm studying video game development with a graphics orientation at university.

Danvzare

I'm a student studying ICT and Design. So I guess I'm in the same boat as Blondbraid. (laugh)

CrashPL

I work as a QA engineer for a company delivering IT solutions for medical and pharmaceutical industry.

dayowlron

Im a programmer/analyst working for a promotions company
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Loslem

I'm a lab technician in germany. Nothing special really ^^

HanaIndiana

Lead programmer/ETL developer for a university data warehouse

Kumpel

Partly long time student and partly multifuctional cultural journalist, movie and theatre critic, movie press screening supervisor and soon co-moderator for an upcoming conference as part of the upcoming application of my town for the 2025' "Capital of Culture" in Europe. Phew...

Ah yeah, and I am a father too :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk