Author Topic: What grinds my gears!  (Read 97322 times)

Danvzare

• The Man with No Name
    • I can help with AGS tutoring
    • I can help with proof reading
    • I can help with scripting
    • I can help with voice acting
    • Danvzare worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
Re: What grinds my gears!
« Reply #900 on: 22 Nov 2020, 16:00 »
What grinds my gears right now is how prevalent innumeracy is. Or rather, people confidently and loudly spreading nonsense while also not understanding extremely basic math.

Like a prominent flat-earther who constantly tells his cultish followers that the 10^-17 Torr (pressure) of space is a negative number, meaning that space supposedly has a "negative pressure" and that the vacuum of space should suck the Earth's atmosphere right off it. Not only is the math and science misunderstood, but also they think that "vacuum" means like a Dyson.

Oh wow, really? By that same logic, we should all be dead.  ???
You'd think the obvious fact that space doesn't suck all of Earth's atmosphere right off of it, would tip him off that his logic is flawed. (Not to mention all of the other things he clearly forgot to take into account, including gravity, magnetic fields, ect).

It's like those people who come up with a design for a perpetual motion machine, and honestly believe it works. You'd think the fact that it doesn't work, would be enough to convince them that it doesn't work. But it isn't.  (laugh)

Mandle

• NO PIXEL LEFT BEHIND!!!
    • Mandle worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Mandle worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #901 on: 22 Nov 2020, 16:14 »
What grinds my gears right now is how prevalent innumeracy is. Or rather, people confidently and loudly spreading nonsense while also not understanding extremely basic math.

Like a prominent flat-earther who constantly tells his cultish followers that the 10^-17 Torr (pressure) of space is a negative number, meaning that space supposedly has a "negative pressure" and that the vacuum of space should suck the Earth's atmosphere right off it. Not only is the math and science misunderstood, but also they think that "vacuum" means like a Dyson.

Oh wow, really? By that same logic, we should all be dead.  ???
You'd think the obvious fact that space doesn't suck all of Earth's atmosphere right off of it, would tip him off that his logic is flawed. (Not to mention all of the other things he clearly forgot to take into account, including gravity, magnetic fields, ect).

It's like those people who come up with a design for a perpetual motion machine, and honestly believe it works. You'd think the fact that it doesn't work, would be enough to convince them that it doesn't work. But it isn't.  (laugh)

But what you have failed to take into account is that:

« Reply #902 on: 22 Nov 2020, 17:37 »

"Black friday is the best day to shopping" is the line actually what are grindig mine.

_