Gribbler

HINT: It's a horror game.

qptain Nemo

hint: it's The Lost Crown: A Ghost-Hunting Adventure

Gribbler

Hints please :) Or other screenie

qptain Nemo

NO! >:(

Alright. So... it's an RPG. It's quite unexpectedly humourous and interesting. I say unexpectedly because the theme of the game is something countless other games have played with a straight face and done it to death. A part of the name of the theme is also a part of the name of the game.

Tramponline

Not Another War game! :tongue:

Grim

Allo' Allo': The Adventure Game!;)

CaptainD

No idea what it is, but it certainly looks interesting!

qptain Nemo

Tramponline

That game really does look interesting. 2nd World War theme and humourous elements, now that's daring. I like it.

One more for Grim: HORROR! As far as I can remember, probably the first game in that genre that I've played.
It scared the bejesus out of me!!
[imgzoom]http://imageshack.com/a/img835/7356/m8mu.jpg[/imgzoom]MS-DOS Version

(Just realized it's a screen-cap of the German language version - sorry about that - google's fault!
The status bars indicate the level of hunger (that one was easy...:wink:), thirst and body).

CaptainD

Hmm... not one I played, but I remember a first-person adventure/RPG Zombie attack game coming out on the 16-bits... would that be it?  (Yes I realise I haven't named the game! :-D)

Gribbler

Zombi? :) I pass my turn to Captain if I'm correct :)

cat

Is that Alf on the screen?

Tramponline

Quote from: cat on Thu 16/01/2014 15:03:03
Yep, that's him alright. :grin:  Great help in order to narrow down the game's year of release. Supposedly the game was available for the PC & Amiga, but
I've never ever seen any other version than the Commodore 64 one - not even in screenshots

edit: Sorry, didn't see your answer there Gribbler. Dude, are you reading my mind?! 8-0 'Zombi' was my first choice, but then I went with this one instead, since Zombi is a bit plain
colorwise...

All of you are on the right track. The game's not zombie exclusive though...

Gribbler

Quote from: TramponlineDude, are you reading my mind?!
That is correct, pal. Immediately transfer 10.000 dollars onto below account or I will tell everybody here what you think of doing when you're home alone in front of a computer. You naughty naughty boy.
Spoiler
Just kidding :)
[close]

kaput

Quote from: cat on Thu 16/01/2014 15:03:03

That's Alf all right... I'm racking my brain trying to think how a game that features Alf can be considered scary! Speaking of Alf, he had his own adventure game back in the day if I remember correctly.

Tramponline

Quote from: Gribbler on Thu 16/01/2014 19:11:02
Quote from: TramponlineDude, are you reading my mind?!
...or I will tell everybody here what you think of doing when you're home alone in front of a computer.
Don't be cruel Gribbler!! There's a good chance someone's brain might explode or for people to start bleeding from their ears, simply due to nonsense overflow! :tongue:

QuoteYou naughty naughty boy.
Yep that's me alright! :grin:

Don't get too hung up on the whole ALF thing. It's the inside of a cinema with ALF up on screen, he's just an 'easter egg' (...you blow up that same cinema later on in the game!)
ALF is really just a good indicator around what time this game came out.

Here's the title screen (without the title obviously! :tongue:):

Gribbler

Tramponline

You took your sweet time! :tongue: Yes, Gribbler got it:

Lords of Doom (1990)

I saw this cover back then and I just had to buy that game.

Your go, sir!

Gribbler

Just a fraction of the screen to make it oh sooooo tough:
[IMGzoom]http://i.imgur.com/Xm1Cq4m.png[/IMGzoom]

Tramponline

It's your M to the Onkey and you know it two! Shizzle-fizzle and all that jiving drizzle...eh!? :tongue:

Can you dig it?*

(* Sorry fellas....watched "The Warriors" again the other day and you all have to suffer for it! Now quit that jivin'!)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk