Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

GarageGothic

Hmm, no guesses? Let's try another:

CaptainD

Wasn't there a Sue Ellen in Dallas?  (No idea where that piece of abstract information came from, I was very young when it was on and never watched it anyway!)  Surely this isn't "Dallas: The Computer Game" or something?!?!

GarageGothic

You're SO close CaptainD!

CaptainD

Um... Dynasty the Game?  Dallas the Reckoning? Dallas the Gathering? :-D 8-0

GarageGothic

You've basically guessed that it's Dallas and have too much integrity to look it up on Mobygames, so I think the next turn should go to you CaptainD.
It's neither Dallas: The Masquerade, Dallas Ex, nor For a Few Dallas More. It's simply called:

[imgzoom]http://s27.postimg.org/5a455z0lf/dallasquest.png[/imgzoom]

CaptainD

If you'd told me before this that "The Dallas Quest" was a real game, I don't think I'd have believed you!!!

Okay, here's one... only a small part of the screen, but featuring the main character, from a game by truly iconic developers... so I'd be really surprised if nobody got it.

[imgzoom]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/VLhaue7IN1qT2fXxv7-3lrbQ6ebijbuWx18qLMOAOQlA=w377-h259-p-no[/imgzoom]

LimpingFish

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

CaptainD

Yup.  Thought it would be easy, but couldn't resist. 8-)

CaptainD

So... your go, LimpingFish.

LimpingFish

Sorry, no time to think of a juicy one. So...

GarageGothic

Ben X

I just googled that game and the HUD doesn't seem to match. It would be weird if it was, though, seeing as we just had a John Carpenter movie in the other Guess thread!

Gribbler

Somehow back of protaginist head and the hood look a lot like Desmond Miles' from Assassin's Creed.

LimpingFish

Nope and nope.

The game does feature an Arctic base, though. More obscure than The Thing, and substantially more obscure than Assassins Creed, the game is known by two English-language titles (US and EU). I prefer the EU title, myself.

It also features some terrible vehicle sections, as evidenced here:

Cassiebsg

Could it be a 007 game? Or something spy theme game?
Seem to get a memory trigged by the last pic, though the first still says me nothing.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Grim

Is it a Playstation 2 game?

Sort of reminds me of Syphon Filter... but I don't think it's that.

I'm sure I played it at some point in my life...

LimpingFish

Nope to Bond and Logan.

Time for some hints! This is a PC-only action game, from an Eastern European developer. I have a feeling that the following image will give the game away to those who may have vague recollections of playing it, as it highlights the game's most useful play view:

Gribbler

Maybe another hint?

LimpingFish

Quote from: Gribbler on Wed 21/05/2014 08:58:11
Maybe another hint?

Okay. The game was released in 2005.

The game is the third in a series, though all ties to the other two games were removed from the English-language version. Which is weird, as the as the first game was released in both the US and EU, and the second game was also available in English (in the EU).

Gribbler

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk