Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

LimpingFish

Correct. I suspect some detective work (or a sneaky-googly-imagey!) was required to come up with the answer. I also would have accepted "Aurora Watching", "Gorky 17: Aurora Watching", or "Soldier Elite: Zero Hour" as correct answers.

It's the final game in the "Gorky 17" series ("Gorky 17"/"Odium" being the first, followed by "Gorky 17: Beyond Honor") by Metropolis Software, who are now part of CD Projekt RED, the developers of "The Witcher" games. I played it back when in was first released (as "Aurora Watching"), and, despite some wonky AI and awkward controls, I found it to be a decent stealth game.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Gribbler

Quote from: LimpingFishCorrect. I suspect some detective work (or a sneaky-googly-imagey!) was required to come up with the answer.
Just some detective mobygames snoop. I never use image search! I will post new game tomorrow.

Gribbler

AprilSkies

It's Settlers!
it's an Amiga game maybe around 1994.

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Gribbler

1993, and it was also on PC, but it's Settlers of course, an intro scene.

AprilSkies

Great :D

And this is the next one (It's easy so... I prefer not showing the main character :P)

abstauber

AprilSkies

abstauber you were faster than light.. ;-D yes

abstauber

yay :) I recently read about it, that's why I recognized it instantly.

next:
[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/8QCxkMU.gif[/imgzoom]

selmiak

could also be fater than light. Or one of the commander keens.

faerieevenstar

I guess Commander Keen, but I can't tell which one...

EDIT (I googled Commander Keen to see if I could remember which one- after guessing not before! and there is an ONLINE play of it now! OMG! http://www.play.vg/games/148-Comm ) :shocked:

abstauber

Sorry, no Commander Keen involved in this game. But 'faster than light' is a big hint :wink:

selmiak

Is there an EGA demake of FTL? Then this!

abstauber

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/oDMVlRQ.gif[/imgzoom]

and this is not a PC game ;)

Cassiebsg

I found it on Google with the FTL tip. ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

abstauber

Then just "name-the-game" (tm) and the fame is all yours :cheesy:

faerieevenstar

It's some sort of Star Trek game... I spy the Enterprise and the Federation logo. I'd have to cheat to know more than that now!

I've only had PCs and BBC Micros (my first console was the PS2) and I never had an Atari or anything so if it ain't PC I don't knoooow! :D Well, I think we briefly had a speccy and an old Apple Macintosh, but I don't think I ever used them, they were just my dad's...

So yeah, without cheating all I can say is it's a TREK game! :D

Cassiebsg

Not a Trek game, even though I had also thought so when I first saw the screen...

Google FTL ---> wiki FTL --> FTL games -> SunDog ... ;)

abstauber

Cassiebsg

Oh help! Guess it's my turn! :)

I cropped this a "bit" as I think it's a very easy one... I never finished this one though, as far as I remember! :/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk