None of those.

Hint 2: The game was released in 2007.

Another screenshot

Mandle

Dark Corners Of The Earth?

nihilyst

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 21/05/2017 11:09:11

By the looks of it, this was also my first guess. But I'm playing DCotE at the moment, and it doesn't have the UI seen in the first screenshot.

Mandle

Quote from: nihilyst on Sun 21/05/2017 12:01:45
Quote from: Mandle on Sun 21/05/2017 11:09:11

By the looks of it, this was also my first guess. But I'm playing DCotE at the moment, and it doesn't have the UI seen in the first screenshot.

Yeah, and it was released in 2005...so not viable... Hmmmm.... But it sure looks very much the same... Same engine/studio perhaps?

Gribbler

Not the same studio. Don't know about the engine.

HINTS:
Screenshots are misleading. The game is TPP, it only has some FPP elements.

And my rather subjective opinion - the game has a very cool soundtrack. At least one track was so good I remember ripping it out of the game to listen to it on daily basis.

Mandle

Gribbler

Danvzare

A Van Helsing game?

Gribbler

Not Van Helsing.

Another hint: The game takes place on a remote island and you're a detective.

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Gribbler

Quote from: Amayirot AkagoShutter Island?
There was a game? No, that's not it.

That's what the game looks like most of the time:

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Gribbler

Amayirot Akago

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/CT0BMcI.png[/imgzoom]

Let's see who knows where this handsome devil is from.

Danvzare

A superhero ega game?
Uh... I have no idea. Comix Zone maybe?

Also, I had never heard of Dead Reefs until today. I guess all of my guesses were in vain. :-D

Amayirot Akago

I hadn't either, but I was able to deduce it from the hints that Gribbler gave ;) And no, it's not Comix Zone.

Gilbert

Ok. I actually owned this game, but just checked mobygames to make sure I was correct.
(The title theme in PC speaker sound won't go away from inside my brain!)

The Amazing Spiderman and Captain America in Dr. Doom's Revenge

Amayirot Akago

Correct, and that's a hell of a title to boot ;) Had it myself but never got very far with it, the fighting is kinda crap :P Go ahead, Gilbert.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk