Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben X

Warlock Of Firetop Mountain?

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Mandle

CrashPL

CaptainD

Age of Mythology?

Mandle

No to all... New screenshot coming soon...

Buckethead

It's Talisman: Digital Edition. I think I followed the release a couple of years back.

Mandle

Quote from: Buckethead on Tue 30/01/2018 08:48:36
It's Talisman: Digital Edition. I think I followed the release a couple of years back.

WINNER!!!

The boardgame itself was good, really good: A dumbed-down version of D&D that friends could play for a couple of hours per "campaign" and come out the other end feeling they had an epic fantasy world experience...

Stories were told, epic conflicts took place, and whether you won or lost a hero rose from the flock and won the game.

But the digital edition is even better! The AI is challenging enough that I still lose against it every now and then: It seems to plan several moves ahead at times which is awesome and yet frustrating when they outsmart me.

If anyone plays it I recommend playing with the "city" board at first because it makes the game easy, and then not using it and only playing "highlands" and "dungeon" expansion boards for a real challenge...

Most brutal setup:

Dragon expansion with dragon rage turned on.
+ Firelands expansion deck.
+ 5 AI players.
+ Dragon King hidden ending.
+ Dragon Tower board replacing inner region.
+ Nether Deck expansion turned on.
+ Frostmarch Deck turned on.
+ Grim Reaper turned on.
+ Highlands and Dungeon boards in play.
- City Board (too many OP exploits)

This setup took me about 80 full turns to win and I was the only original character remaining (AI characters died almost every turn but one or two were powerhousing most of the time) and I got within an inch of death several times. Great round!

Anyways: Over to Buckethead!

Buckethead

Whoops! I always forget that I'm suppose to post the next one.

lorenzo

Buckethead

Correct! Glad more people know of this great game series

lorenzo

I love that game! The backgrounds still look great, in my opinion.

Next:

Danvzare

Serious Sam the Second Encounter?

lorenzo

No, it's not Serious Sam!

CrashPL

Severance: Blade of Darkness? ;)

lorenzo

Correct!
I've been playing it lately. It has a cool combat system and interesting level design. Controls are a bit weird at first, they take some time to get used to.

Your turn, CrashPL!

CrashPL

Aw yeah. :D I played the game shortly after release, although it barely ran on my crappy PC. ;)

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

lorenzo

CaptainD

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk