Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Gribbler

Well, I was pretty hardcore Amiga fan. I had A1200 with a hard disk. I remember that Hare Raising Havoc worked only on AGA chipset. I dumped Amiga when 3D games started being popular and those were scarce on it. I sold my Amiga around the time when Alien Breed 3D came out which was awful in comparison to PC's Doom for example.

Getting back to game guessing... I still don't have a clue. :)

abstauber

Hey, that's an impressively long time span! I ditched the Amiga around '92, after my A2000 died of the leaking battery.
It didn't have an HDD anyway, so playing Indy 4 and MI2 would have been a disk swapping nightmare.

Then I bought a used A1200 in 2000 because there still wasn't a great pixel painter on the PC (hooray for DPaint V).
The game I'm looking for was only two years old by the time I bought the A1200 (hint#2). And yes, it's a commercial title and I was pretty stunned, that the "old" machine had an adventure, you couldn't have on the PC :)
And hint#3 - it's a german/italien co-production, I even found a review from Amiga Magazyn on the interwebs :)
[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/HnmmT8B.jpg[/imgzoom]

Gribbler

Quote from: abstauberplaying Indy 4 and MI2 would have been a disk swapping nightmare

On the contrary, for some. Back in those days I had a friend who always wanted to come by and watch me playing Indy 4... and swap those 11 disks what he thoroughly enjoyed  (laugh) I assume it had to be some "Look mom! I'm computer scientist!" thing.  :P I was a good friend and let him have fun. :)

And about your game... I must admit part of the gui does look familiar. I mean that disk symbols on the right. I guess I must have seen  screensots in a magazine or something but I will never be able to guess it. It will be one of "Oh, THAT." when I see game's title.

AGA

:-\

(honestly wasn't namesearching, I just happened to wander into the Rumpus Room for the first time in months...)

Scavenger

Quote from: abstauber on Thu 18/07/2013 15:05:51
[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/HnmmT8B.jpg[/imgzoom]

Wait, is that... Sixth Sense Investigations? I vaguely remember the main character sounding like an extra from Simon the Sorcerer.

Gribbler

Quote from: ScavengerWait, is that... Sixth Sense Investigations?

I've searched it and looks like you're right. Never heard of it. :)

CaptainD

Quote from: Gribbler on Thu 18/07/2013 17:20:11
I've searched it and looks like you're right. Never heard of it. :)

There has sometime, somewhere been an adventure game that Gribbler has never heard of?!?!?!?  The space-time continuum is about to collapse!

Gribbler

Quote from: CaptainDThe space-time continuum is about to collapse!

Run for your li.... ekhm, I mean, finish The Bum! Finish it! While you still have a chance! (laugh)

abstauber

Sorry for the delay, of course Scavenger is right!
@Gribbler I have to admit that I also had my "computer scientist moments" with the Amiga :D

Scavenger

Well, time to share something obscure for y'all.

[imgzoom]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50882197/namethatgame.PNG[/imgzoom]

abstauber

Could this be a Windows 3.x game?

Scavenger

It is indeed a Windows 3.x game. It's very crudely drawn and independant, and it's art really resonates with me.

And here's another clue - my favorite track from the game: Midi!

abstauber

Coooould this be by the same guys who did ZZT? I think I even had this on a shareware disk :)

That midi sounds terrific btw. - a lot better than what I was used to hear from Epic Megagames.
--edit:

oh well, I try to solve it:
Is it Dare to Dream?

Gribbler

It seems you're correct, abstauber. I think you can safely post a new screensot without Scavenger's confirmation.

abstauber

Okay, lets start this week with something easy:
[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/Y6Tz0XY.gif[/imgzoom]

kconan

Labyrinth: The Computer Game

I like how the title specifies "Computer Game".

Gribbler

My first thought when I saw the screenshot was: "Wait a minute! Blackwell games are remakes???"  (laugh)

abstauber

Kconan is right! Please provide the next fix :)

kconan

I was debating an Atari 8-bit game since I've seen some Amiga stuff in the thread, but I'll go with this instead:

qptain Nemo

Cosmology of Kyoto?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk