Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

CrashPL

No and no. ;)
Another hint - the franchise it belongs to is a classic RPG. The game in question was released for Commodore VIC-20 only. Oh, and it has something to do with escaping and mountains in its title.

Mandle

Is it an Ultima game?

CrashPL

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 19/09/2019 07:15:10
Is it an Ultima game?

Yes, and I guess it can count as an answer, since I believe it's way too much of an obscure game to guess and I don't want to prolong it any longer. :D It's Ultima: Escape from Mt. Drash, released in 1983.
Your turn Mandle!

TheFrighter

just kidding.  (laugh)

_

Gilbert

A Peanuts text adventure game, obviously. :=

dayowlron

That wouldn't be peanuts, it would be Garfield obviously
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Mandle

"Garfield obviously" sounds like what Bill Murray's last words in Zombieland should have been.

milkanannan

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 25/09/2019 22:42:00
"Garfield obviously" sounds like what Bill Murray's last words in Zombieland should have been.

I wonder what Bill Murray was paid for the cameo? Probably something comparable to what Bob Harris was paid to begrudgingly appear in a Japanese whiskey ad?  (laugh)

TheFrighter

(laugh)

But I was just joking in the meanwhile you submit your game, Mandle!

_

Mandle

Quote from: man n fist on Thu 26/09/2019 06:13:29

I wonder what Bill Murray was paid for the cameo? Probably something comparable to what Bob Harris was paid to begrudgingly appear in a Japanese whiskey ad?  (laugh)

I get the joke but I hope you aren't suggesting Zombieland was something Bill Murray would have had to be paid massively to appear in. It's a classic!

milkanannan

I enjoyed it too, but I found Bill Murray's appearance in it to feel quite forced.

TheFrighter

I don't know if you're familiar with this kind of games, but this is a classic so let's give a try:

_

TheFrighter

What, nobody try to guess? Ok, big hint:

_

VampireWombat

I can safely say I've never played this or seen pictures from it before. But the axe does make me think a bit of Tokyo Ghoul.

I found the game easily given the info in the first picture and saw the second picture on the page I found. I find it interesting that the game was written by the same person who wrote Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

TheFrighter

Quote from: VampireWombat on Wed 02/10/2019 18:23:55

I find it interesting that the game was written by the same person who wrote Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

(laugh)

It's Saya no uta (english title: Song of Saya), a perfect example of denpa horror!

The one who gives a definition of denpa can take the turn!

_

Mandle

If "denpa" is "電波" in Japanese then it means "transmission" or "reception" with regards to sending or receiving a wireless transmission.

TheFrighter

Well, for what I understood is indeed "reception" of a twisted reality or sort of...

Up to you, Mandle!

_

Mandle

Oh crap, I forgot about this. Someone else take over please.

abstauber

While we are waiting for a new entry, let's admire this piece of artwork (and yes, it's from a game - you may guess it :) )

lorenzo

I have no idea about what game it is, but that looks amazing!

Maybe it could be magic/witch related, because of the cauldron, (flying?) broom, bats and ominous castle?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk