Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Tramponline

It's Fish!. A wacky graphically enhanced text adventure about a goldfish secret agent on vacation(!),
involuntarily forced to foil the plan of a group called the "Seven Deadly Fins" who're trying to take over the (water-)world.
[imgzoom]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/02/Fish!_Cover.jpg[/imgzoom]
It was all the rage when it came out and even 'Game of the Year' in most computer magazines. Also one of the
most discussed games that year throughout various magazines' hint sections, coz people kept on getting stuck...

Tramponline

OK, I hope Babar doesn't mind that I post the next one alreay to keep the game rolling...(and Gribbler happy! :tongue:)

[imgzoom]http://imageshack.us/a/img825/3883/huckleberryfinn.png[/imgzoom]

Gribbler

Jeez! And I AM old? :) Where do you find those games?? :shocked:

Tramponline

:grin: Hehehe, you've to read the small print in that particular post. :wink:

This game already featured the 'combining notes' function. Only it's execution in-game was so particular and at the same time so random (you had to guess which
words were important and which ones weren't) that it drove you nuts! Still, a great game...

Gribbler

Got screwed by the small print again... eeeh life  :-D

Is this even PC? Looks like Cruise for a Corpse on C64 with a little dose of Spy vs Spy :smiley:

Tramponline

You're on the right track, it's C64. :wink:

Additionally: Your first 'guess' is veeery close...

Gribbler

Two characters... And one of them is a Lord. Hmmm

Is this an adaptation of some novel? Agatha Chrisie's Poirot? Naah, he wasn't a Lord...

Tramponline

Not based on a book, but it does 'borrow' from a few (in particular Christie):
[imgzoom]http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/3192/marktwain.png[/imgzoom]

Gribbler

In what way can it be related to Cruise for a corpse? Only that the setting is steamboat? Or does it go deeper?

Tramponline

They share the same genre. The only difference being that Cruise for a Corpse takes place on the open ocean, while for this game rather 'the opposite' is true.
If you know 'where' you've almost got the name of the game. 

Khris

It's Murder on the Mississippi. I only know of it because some dude wanted to turn the setting into a Maniac Mansion Mania game.

Here's a fresh one, let's not let this die:

Gribbler

Legend of Kyrandia 3: Malcolm's Revenge? I'm pretty sure it's his silhouette.

Khris

Crimson Wizard

Legend Of Kyrandia 1?  :-\

Gribbler

Kyrandia 3 had this ugly 3D Studioish graphics. Must be different part. Crimson already took 1 so I vote Kyrandia 2 just to be safe and cover them all :P

frenzykitty

It's a tricky one, that's for sure!

Khris

Yep, it's Kyrandia 2 (a cutscene near the end, I believe).

frenzykitty

Gribbler is on a ROLL!

Gribbler

I gotta go afk now. Crimson Wizard can you take my turn? We were going head to head :smiley: Show'em what you've got!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk