Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben X

The Secret Of Monkey Island: Special Edition!

Gribbler

Yes and no :smiley: This is of course The Secret of Monkey Island but not special edition. This screenshot comes from the very back cover of SoMI first edition from 1990 :-D But you're up next, of course.

Ben X

Dammit, I knew that close-up got cut from the original so I was trying to be clever.

Ben X

Okay, probably an easy one but you also have to name the connection to the previous one:

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/ox1RO7w.jpg[/imgzoom]

[main character redacted]

Gilbert

Is it Freddy Pharkist (or whatever his name should be spelled)?

Gribbler

No no, it looks too good to be Freddy Pharkas. I dunno, some Fenimore Fillmore maybe?

Ben X

Huh, thought you guys would nail this immediately.

Hint: the connection is to the specific shot Gribbler chose, not the game as a whole.

Gribbler

Three skulls of the Toltecs?

monkey424

It's toonstruck 2. But I'm not sure what the connection is. I've never actually played this but I've seen the screen shot before when I googled the old toonstruck looking for some music from that game. According to the Wikipedia entry for toonstruck there was additional material made but not included in the first game, and it has been or will be released in a second game.

Surplusguy

It was never released. There are still some plans to do so, but none have followed through yet.
GHRPLTSM

Ben X

Quote from: monkey424 on Sun 30/06/2013 00:44:26
made but not included in the first game

Yep, this is the link - both screens cut from the game in question. That cut Toonstruck stuff was originally all going to be in the first game, right? Then they cut it due to time/budget issues with the intention of making a second game out of it but never did :(

Your go, monkey!

monkey424

Ben X

I spot a moustache, is it Gabriel Knight 3?

Gribbler

Parrot Sketch The Game (laugh)

monkey424

bbX1138 - no

and Gribbler - no

I'll give you a clue.. it's a fake moustache!

Gribbler

Sherlock Holmes The Case of Rose Tattoo?

monkey424

Correct. Good work Gribbler. You certainly know your stuff. And i must agree, Sherlock (in disguise) does look a lot like John Cleese in this sketch.. scene.

Gribbler

Clever screenshot from a Holmes game and with a Holmes character but looking totally different. Here's next one:

Gribbler

I kind of cheated with my pic. It's more of an art from the game than actual screenshot. Here's a proper screenshot of this character from the game's cutscene.

[IMGzoom]http://i.imgur.com/Ynzm50x.jpg[/IMGzoom]

Gribbler

Hint: this creature is called... Gribbler. (nod)

It comes from a very well known adventure game with female protagonist.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk