CaptainD

Toilet Samurai Sage?

kconan

qptain Nemo

abstauber

Eternam!

Awesome game btw.

qptain Nemo

I knew you'd guess in 3 seconds, but the screenie was too fun not to use. :) Yeah, lovely game.

abstauber

Yeah, some epic dialogs are going on there :D
Now from cats to dogs:
[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/wzmOinJ.png[/imgzoom]

qptain Nemo

Haha, I actually consdered posting this! It's Ooze: Creepy Nites.

Babar

Hahah! I posted this a while back in this thread, didn't I? That is Fish!
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

qptain Nemo

Perhaps I should read the entire thread. :) Correct.

Babar

Nice little game, that.
I'm scraping the bottom of my barrel of obscurity here, hopefully this won't be too easy:

Stripped of its GUI and title.

CaptainD

Cactus Adventure?

Okay, I made that one up.  I think.

Babar

That sounds like it'd be pretty boring :D.
Cactii(?) and deserts don't really play a prominent role in this game, this was just the first screenshot I could find that didn't give away a major hint of the game immediately.

abstauber

Mhh.. doesn't look very familiar, but someone sure liked DPaint's gradient splatter :)
What's that little rectangle in the lower left corner? Is this screenshot part of a minigame?

@qptain Nemo: I'm stunned how fast you've guessed Ooze. So it was had some commercial success outside of Germany?

qptain Nemo

Quote from: abstauber on Tue 23/07/2013 09:10:48
@qptain Nemo: I'm stunned how fast you've guessed Ooze. So it was had some commercial success outside of Germany?
I naively thought it was somewhat apparent that I'm just a game nerd, with huge interest in 90s abandonware and adventure games in particular, and a MobyGames addict. ^_^ I haven't even played Ooze yet, but it looked interesting and that particular screenshot amused me a lot when I stumbled upon it, so it was definitely memorable for me. So I can't comment on Ooze's commercial success outside of Germany, but that's the story behind my guess.

Babar

Not part of a minigame, abstauber, just that when you move the mouse over important bits of the screen, that would show up. Currently it is pointing to an area that had an object I just picked up.

Oh, and I cannot find this game on MobyGames :D.
Here's another screen to help you out, with a little more of the GUI showing:

qptain Nemo

I'm guessing it's a game somewhere from 1996 to 2000.

Babar

Nope! You're looking too far ahead with your guess.

qptain Nemo

I think it's time for more revealing screenshots...

Babar

I guess I did find one that was more difficult :D.
A more revealing screenshot, but I've taken the liberty of still hiding two things.

In exchange I can tell you it was an edutainment game, and I'm not finding much presence for it online aside from a couple of lets plays and pages on abandonware sites. Nemo already has a vague direction of the date of release from what I corrected of his guess earlier.
I can't make it any easier other than almost literally giving away the name of the game (which you'd be able to totally guess from what I've hidden :D).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk