Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Babar

That guess makes me suspicious that you know which game this is, Crimson Wizard :D
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Babar on Tue 06/08/2013 01:47:21
That guess makes me suspicious that you know which game this is, Crimson Wizard :D
No, that was a blind guess :). I still don't know which game this is.

CaptainD

I'm only (slightly) familiar with the Spectrum version which obviously looks a little... different! - but from what's just been said I'd have to guess at The Hobbit?

miguel

It looks like an Amiga game I had. It involved a party and a mountain to climb. It had verbs, inventory, spells...
Can't remember the name.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

selmiak

Babar

Hahaha...no Bible Adventures, and no Hobbit.
Miguel might have it, considering it has everything he just said. If only he could remember the name!

Crimson Wizard

Well, it looks like one of them "Forgotten Realms" games, or game using similar engine UI.

E: by "UI" I mean the picture shape and size.

CaptainD

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Tue 06/08/2013 23:04:57
Well, it looks like one of them "Forgotten Realms" games, or game using similar engine UI.

In that case... Heroes of the Lance?

Babar

No to both guesses, and I don't believe this game had anything to do with any Forgotten Realms engine, UI or setting.

miguel

Quote from: selmiak on Tue 06/08/2013 13:04:26
bible adventures?

Hehehehe! Nice one selmiak. Nice one.

Babar, I recognize the picture and I'm pretty sure it is the same game but I even went through a full Amiga Games List and I can't find it...

selmiak

it looks so much like they are parting water in the first screen :)

come on, someone guess this already, it looks pretty nice! Actually, don't guess it, then we can see more screens of it :)

Crimson Wizard

Journey - The Quest Begins :D

miguel

That's the name!
It's available on Abandonia, just checked.

Babar

You're right, Crimson!
Sorry I couldn't post more images, Selmaik :D.

qptain Nemo

Eye of the Beholder 2. One of the most gorgeous intros ever.

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/BGmFd5p.png[/imgzoom]

qptain Nemo

CaptainD

B.A.T. - One of my regrets is that I've never actually played that game - it looked pretty amazing at the time!!

Okay this one is going to be dead easy to anyone who's ever played or seen it, but the game itself (16-bit era) is perhaps a little on th obscure side.  It was a great game though (at least I thought so!).

[imgzoom]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-VCO0jij-Y_g/UgI4BiOQqRI/AAAAAAAAT-c/JsqcWBt1tMk/w320-h200-no/Mystery+Game+3.png[/imgzoom]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk