Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

arj0n

festilligambe

Awesome,, I kept thinking it was Star control related at first it was like SC's weird uncle.
I'll post an easy one, the only game both my parents played back in my Tandy Computer days.

New to programing, old school to adventure games

festilligambe

Great, I now have that song repeating in my head from the game.

Gribbler

Some kind of Boulder Dash?

CaptainD

If not Boulderdash itself, the only similar game I remember from around that time was called Rockman (on the C16, dunno if it was released on the Tandy).

The only 2-player Boulderdash game I remember was Skullduggery - but I think that was significantly later (had it on the Atari ST, but I guess it might have been released on the 8-bits previous to that?).

TheBitPriest

Digger   (to be fair:  my wife walked by and said, "That's the game I used to play on the Atari 800!"  So... she got it.)

Gribbler

Quote from: Crimson Wizardhttp://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/255822
I had Amiga module with this tune. ;-D And funny thing just happened - my wife heard it playing just now - and she asked "Where did I hear it before???". Your brother's Atari probably - I replied :D Is there anybody who doesn't know it? (laugh)

festilligambe

festilligambe

TheBitPriest

Here it is... Interface removed.

TheBitPriest

Hint:  It's an old adventure game.  It was available on a many platforms.

qptain Nemo

It's not Heart of Alien is it?

TheBitPriest

No.  This is a static screen...

TheBitPriest

Here's another static screen with the interface removed. 

Another hint:
Spoiler
the surrounding interface was all text... including the description of this scene.
[close]

Gribbler

I didn't play text adventures back in the 80s as I did not speak English yet. So I'm clueless on this one.

qptain Nemo

The Pawn by Magnetic Scrolls.

Here's the next:

To keep things fresh and fun, the dialogue is not how it appears in the game at all, it was altered by me in an image editing program.

CaptainD

qptain Nemo

CaptainD

:-D

Main character blacked out to make it a little harder.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk