Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Gribbler

Quote from: qptain NemoWas that The Legacy: Realm of Terror?
Nope, it was Alone in the Dark 1.

qptain Nemo

Quote from: Gribbler on Thu 13/02/2014 13:20:10
Nope, it was Alone in the Dark 1.
Oh.
I wanted to look like teh l33t master of gaming lore by guessing a rare game. Instead I ended up not recognizing a really REALLY well-known one.  ¬_¬

abstauber

*cough* In case you are bored, there's already a new game to be guessed :P Oh and please guess it fast, I keep forgetting the title :D

Gribbler

abstauber, is it a gameboy game?

abstauber

Believe it or not - it's a 16bit title.

CaptainD

Because I've no idea, I'm going to say Harvest Moon.

abstauber

Nope, but here's another hint
[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/GlCvRP6.gif[/imgzoom]

Besides I just learned that this one wasn't exclusive for the console I thought. There was even a DOS port... so Gribbler, you're back in the game (laugh)

Gribbler

Quote from: abstauberBesides I just learned that this one wasn't exclusive for the console I thought. There was even a DOS port... so Gribbler, you're back in the game.
Must be Inindo then :)

abstauber

CaptainD

I have come to the conclusion that Gribbler is not actually a person, but rather an AI programmed with all the video games ever made.

abstauber

Or he just has an admin account over at Mobygames ;)

Gribbler

I'm just a devoted gamer with a little bit of deductive skills. If I don't know the game instantly the process looks something like this (Inindo example): Top-down view, looks like RPG, Asian theme, looks like early 90s, probably '92 or '93, most likely Asian word in the title, and hey, what have we here? Way of the ninja? Must be it. Bingo!

I hope you don't consider this way of guessing a cheating. Because if you do, my pal SkyNet will... eeer... I mean... Danger danger. Compromise. Compromise. Restarting. Three, two, one, initializing...

I'm just a devoted gamer with a little bit of deductive skills. If I don't know the game instantly the process looks something like this (Inindo example): Top-down view, looks like RPG, Asian theme, looks like early 90s, probably '92 or '93, most likely Asian word in the title, and hey, what have we here? Way of the ninja? Must be it. Bingo!

Gribbler

Oh, and I never NEVER EVER use image search.

Anyway, here's the next one. My wife helped me to choose it:
[IMGzoom]http://i.imgur.com/UR1Gsmv.png[/IMGzoom]

CaptainD

Error in Gribbler core subroutine... RESET.

OneDollar

Is that Manhunter?

Gribbler

Well, it is Manhunter... But which part? :)

OneDollar

Hmm... I never played either of them. I'm gonna say... two?

CaptainD

I'll say 13, because I know (think I know) that there were 13 Manhunter games.

Gribbler

Two is correct! You're next, OneDollar.

OneDollar

Lucky guess :grin:

Is this obscure enough for you?
[imgzoom]http://www.onedollarproductions.co.uk/uploads/guessthegame1.png[/imgzoom]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk