Previous topic - Next topic

Gribbler

AprilSkies

Never played this one ... :shocked:

www.apemarina.altervista.org

CaptainD

Quote from: AprilSkies on Tue 01/04/2014 09:31:13
Never played this one ... :shocked:

Me neither... but if Gribbler hasn't played it, obviously it doesn't actually exist. :=

Gribbler

Err... yeah yeah... This is OD's April Fools joke, obviously! ;)

AprilSkies

Quote from: Gribbler on Tue 01/04/2014 10:58:40

LOL
But it was published on 30 Mar 2014

CaptainD

Quote from: AprilSkies on Tue 01/04/2014 11:28:27

LOL
But it was published on 30 Mar 2014

He's just quick off the mark. :-D

I kind of wish I had played whatever game that is... having a "think" verb intrigues me.

OneDollar

I feel like I missed an opportunity there.

[imgzoom]http://www.onedollarproductions.co.uk/uploads/guessthegame2b.png[/imgzoom]

I thought this game was semi-well known, maybe not. OK, hint time:
Spoiler
It's a SNES/Super Famicom game.
[close]
Spoiler
It was only released in Japan, but it got a fan translation several years later.
[close]
Spoiler
It's a remake of a Famicom game.
[close]
Spoiler
It's the 2nd part of a series of games, but is actually a prequel to the original game's story.
[close]

AprilSkies

Still don't know the game, but just like CaptainD is intrigued... I WANT a think verb in one of my games!

Gribbler

I know next to nothing about old SNES games, I never had that console. But using my extraordinary deductive skills (and your hints :) ) I think it's one of Famicom Tantei Club games.

OneDollar

...maybe? Any idea which one?

Gribbler

Mouth for war

mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

OneDollar

Correct, it's Famicom Tantei Club Part II: Ushiro ni Tatsu ShŠjo a.k.a. Famicom Detective Club Part II: The Girl who Stands Behind
[imgzoom]http://www.onedollarproductions.co.uk/uploads/guessedthegameb.png[/imgzoom]

It's more of a visual novel than a standard puzzle solving adventure game, but I remember the story being really good.

I'm not suggesting you go downloading ROMs and emulators, but if you were to find yourself with a ROM of the game and you happened to download the fan translation patch, place it in the same directory as the ROM and give it the same name, you might find yourself playing a fun detective game with a great story and a think verb. Or you could learn Japanese and buy the original cartridge, I guess.

Anyway, Gribbler, your turn.

Gribbler

Scavenger

That's Apollo Justice, part of the Phoenix Wright series!

Gribbler

Scavenger

Here's an easy one.

AprilSkies

It's the old uncomplete Amiga game "Limbo of the Lost"... but pretty sure never released as full game :/

abstauber

You call an unreleased A1200/CD32 game easy? I would have never guessed that and I wasted lots of hours/days/years in front of commodore's electronics :tongue:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk