Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Gribbler

Isn't it like one of the very first Sierra Tandy creations or something? I'm pretty sure I've seen this image somewhere before...

abstauber

yeah, this screen looks pretty familiar. I first thought it would be Sinbad - Throne of the Falcon... but actually I'm clueless.

AprilSkies

Quote from: GarageGothic on Fri 04/04/2014 02:11:18
and I swear the game isn't called "I just made it up in MS Paint and was late for April 1st

L-O-L !!!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

GarageGothic

Neither Sierra nor on the Tandy. The game company is rather well known for their adventures though, and you're probably familiar with other works of the designer.

[imgzoom]http://s2.postimg.org/5c0vfvgmx/captspliff.png[/imgzoom]

Gribbler

Jeeez, this looks awful. Guy on the left looks like he's opening a champagne bottle.

Cassiebsg

I thought I had played a lot of games in my youth... and yet, you guys post one after another that I never heard of before...

Okay, I had no idea what game this is, and as it seems others don't know either... I cheated, and googled to the solution...

Spoiler

A .... edited, no solution here anymore :p
[close]
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Gribbler

Quote from: CassiebsgI cheated, and googled to the solution...
Whoa whoa! Hold your horses! Give it some time. GG posted it merely yesterday.

Also there's an unspoken rule here: do not post image searched solution!
I refuse to click on "show" button.

abstauber

Quote from: Gribbler on Fri 04/04/2014 19:17:03
Also there's an unspoken rule here: do not post image searched solution!
I refuse to click on "show" button.
pff.. like how you discovered a certain defecation sim :P

Gribbler

Quote from: abstauberpff.. like how you discovered a certain defecation sim
Well, I did not image search it. :) Cassiebsg didn't exactly specify if image search was used, I only assumed it. I might be wrong of course. If the answer is a result of various questions to good old Uncle google then such answer is perfectly fine in my book.

Cassiebsg

No Gribbler's right, I used image search... somehow it's a very useful tool and I like it. :p
To my defense, I did not find any of GarageGothic's pics on the search though, another showed up that I thought "that looks like it would fit"... But not my fault the artist did a lousy job on the second pic, since it got me curious as it had nothing to do with the first one (in my eyes anyway)... :D

Oh yeah, and I did say I cheated, right? :) And I took the time to hide it even... :p

AprilSkies

:-\
very difficult this time (laugh)
So... What's happens now? who's next?

EDIT: .. oh I saw you edited!!!!! so we have to "name" yet!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

GarageGothic

Well, if nobody else (who hasn't peeked at the answer) would hazard a guess, I think the turn should just pass to Cassiebsg.

Spoiler
The interesting thing about Michael Crichton's Amazon is that it started out as Congo - The Game but was transplanted to South America because someone else had already bought the adaptation rights. There's a pretty good explanation of the game's development on the site Cassiebsg linked to: http://www.filfre.net/2013/10/from-congo-to-amazon/ - in case anyone is wondering what happened to the amazing artist behind the screenshots, he is now a cinematic artist at Blizzard and worked on Diablo III and Starcraft II.
[close]

Cassiebsg

Ah! That explains why...

Spoiler

...the leopard looks like from South America, and the soldiers look like from Africa... :D (hope that IS why).
[close]

If no one objects, then I'll post the next game picture (but I'll hide it, in case anyone does ;) )...
I spent countless hours playing this one with my brother. ;)

Spoiler
[close]

CaptainD

Looks like:

Spoiler
The original Defender - Speccy version?
[close]

Janos Biro

I'm willing to translate from English to Brazilian Portuguese.

Cassiebsg

Nope... starts with a K... ;)

Janos Biro

Then I have no idea.
I'm willing to translate from English to Brazilian Portuguese.

Cassiebsg

Hints:
ZX Spectrum 48K
Based on an arcade coin-op game: Scramble

Gribbler

Starts with K? So it's not Ground Attack?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk