Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

milkanannan

Nothing quite like an EGA image trying to look like a photograph! So much grain in that you could make bread. (laugh)

Mandle

Gilbert

I don't know, but the uniforms remind me of Ghostbusters.

Privateer Puddin'

They did make a Ghostbusters game! but it's David Wolf: Secret Agent

Gilbert

No wonder...
These dithering photos were what Dynamix (in)famously known for, especially during the EGA and early VGA times.
I've looked for Ghostbusters games in mobygames before making my last comment, and did find Ghostbusters II by the same people(released in the same year even). Even though the horrible dithered photos looked quite close and that the uniforms looked alike I spoke in my conscious that this was not a Ghosterbuster game, and it wasn't, though had some close relations(same style, made by the same people) that I was not aware of.

ManicMatt

Nah, the white shirt guy is probably a pilot and the proton pack is a parachute, so I guess the detective looking guy is wanting his parachute.

abstauber

Hehe, you got it. I initially searched for a screenshot of 'Heart of China' when I stumbled upon this one :)

Privateer Puddin'

Frodo

Privateer Puddin'

milkanannan

Looks like Aerosmith's Amazing video. Was it some game based on that?

Privateer Puddin'

They share Aersomith and a 90s PC aesthetic, but I don't know if there's an actual link with the game and video beyond that.

Gilbert

The only Aersomith game I knew was Revolution X (I actually have the PC version picked up from the bargain bin).
I was curious and asked Great G the question "Aersomith games" and immediately I got Rev X and this game(now I know this game but I cheated so, nevermind). Looks interesting.

Mandle

Quote from: Gilbert on Thu 03/05/2018 06:55:24
I was curious and asked Great G the question "Aersomith games" and immediately I got Rev X and this game(now I know this game but I cheated so, nevermind)

You are actually allowed to use google as long as you don't just directly google the image itself. It's not cheating. It's detective work.

Zach7551

this might be impossible for most of you unless youve somehow watched the anime as a kid
also hi im new

Click'd

Doraemon 3: Nobita to Toki no HŠgyoku (but not the SNES version, apparently)

The character looked familiar, but I have to admit I searched for "anime with a blue and white cat".

Gilbert

No one would not know what Doraemon is here, but I think the hard part is which game it is, as there are a ton of them.

Danvzare

Quote from: Cl... on Fri 04/05/2018 01:28:30
The character looked familiar
Same here. How is it that a character that has only ever appeared in Japan, is so recognizable. ???

Click'd

Quote from: Danvzare on Fri 04/05/2018 12:34:15
Same here. How is it that a character that has only ever appeared in Japan, is so recognizable. ???
Internet.

Cassiebsg

Uhm... I've seen Doraemon cartoons before... and I'm not sure they were in Japanese. My memory says spanish... and a quick YT search proves that I'm not wrong:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PAj6G7LGdE
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk