Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

cat

I love Doraemon! I have a few books at home (easy Japanese, still difficult for me :-[ )

Mandle

Quote from: cat on Sat 05/05/2018 11:14:10
I love Doraemon!

Hahaha! That look on your face when you saw the big Doraemon outside the shop in Kawagoe and tourist-posed with it. My wife and me were cracking up!

Gilbert

It's not just in Japan. Doraemon is SERIOUS BUSINESS here.

ManicMatt

Every woman, man and child had somehow heard of Doraemon. And that was the end of the Name the Game game.

Kampai!!

THE END

Mandle

Ugh... I just remembered that an old mate used to hang out his washing over a gate outside his apartment and one day his face lit up with realization and he said to me:

"Do you know what this is?!"
"What?"
"It's a DRY-MON!"

(Gate is "mon" in Japanese)

I gotta admit I laughed a lot more than I should have...

Gilbert

Actually in Japanese DRY-MON is pronounced DO-RA-I-MO-N, which is only one character different from the original name, and is a VERY common parody of the subject...

...subject... anyway, back to subject! Zach, is Cl...'s answer correct?

Ben X

Quote from: ManicMatt on Sun 06/05/2018 21:11:21
Kampai!!

I know what this means even though I have never learnt Japanese, thanks to watching Terrace House. You all should too!

(I also recognised Doraemon even though I didn't know its name or anything else about it.)

Looks like Zach hasn't been on in a couple of days...

ManicMatt

What is the Terrace House? I only know like 20 Japanese words.

Nani is said a lot, because its basically "what", ergo people going "What?!!"

Zach7551

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sat 05/05/2018 10:52:04
Uhm... I've seen Doraemon cartoons before... and I'm not sure they were in Japanese. My memory says spanish... and a quick YT search proves that I'm not wrong:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PAj6G7LGdE

sorry to burst your bubble, and also the fact that this is a late reply, but youre wrong. thats a dub, not the original japanese audio. ive researched every detail about the series for 3 years.

ManicMatt

Makes sense, it says "in Spanish" which mean they felt the need to put that because it's not normally in that language.

Anyway, whose go is it??

Cassiebsg

what bubble??? 8-0
I know the original is Japanese and that's a dub... (roll) Unless you did not read my post I said that I've seen it in other languages other than Japanese. Meaning that is has aired not only in Japan!

Anyway... are we going to continue talking about Doreamon or will someone post the next game to guess? (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

Atavismus

Hi all!

I guess it's Zaxxon.

ManicMatt

Hey! Ahh I thought id briefly played this on a retro collection but wasn't sure if it was this, or what collection it was.

Mandle

Amayirot Akago

Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

selmiak

Mandle

dayowlron

I remember a game like Zaxxon called Space Raid, but I think their graphics sucked.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk