Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Click'd

I couldn't find the system behind my damage output. It seemed rather random to me and made me lose a couple of times. Important word in that first sentence is "I". I tend to think it's my fault, not the game's.

Anyway, some guess as to what the very green game is?

CrashPL

ManicMatt

I always found it odd that there's a game character called Tak, which is like me calling a character Yes.

Click'd

Quote from: ManicMatt on Sat 17/11/2018 08:04:04
I always found it odd that there's a game character called Tak, which is like me calling a character Yes.
What about Dr No?

Ben X

And of course Maeby Funke.

ManicMatt

For some reason, putting a Dr in front of it makes it sound more acceptable, like Doctor Strange.

CrashPL

Doktor Tak sounds like Polish archnemesis of Dr No. Now here's an idea for a spin-off, alright.

A very recent game I'm highly enjoying, shouldn't be that hard.

ManicMatt

Doctor Tak, heh.

Its that game that's not all on the disc on consoles, which to me, renders buying a physical copy redundant. I refuse to support this nonsense and I shall wait for a preowned copy or the digital version to go on sale.

Curse my principles, I'm dying to play this!

So yeh, Spyro Reignited Trilogy.

CrashPL

Heh, I knew it's going to be easy. :D Yeah, waiting for that 20 something GB mandatory download sucked, but man, once I started playing I got so hooked, I ended up after two hours and one level into the Magic Crafters world. So far I'm loving it, though I noticed they changed the flight controls somewhat, I was surprised to hit the water several times during the Sunny Flight.

Anyway, your turn Matt!

ManicMatt

It's not waiting for the download, but the fact that you don't truly OWN the game. Right now I can slap in any psone Spyro game in any ps1, ps2 or ps3 and play the whole thing. Can the same be said for this if the servers for PSN on PS4 go down in ten or fifteen years from now? Probably not, and then we'll have to buy the port they'll probably make for PS5, ca-ching! When it's preowned or reduced, I will get the physical version actually, because the first game has always been my favourate. Infact, I might make and print my own custom sleeve for it that reflects having one game on it.

Anyway, this is becoming a "what grinds my gears" post haha.

As an early twenty something, this was my favourate level in any game. Dunno why.

Gilbert

Ka for the PS2, or Mr Mosquito if you western people insist.

ManicMatt

That was quick! Or even Mr Moskeeto in my country, for some reason. I can't blame them for not using Ka though, commercially speaking. I found it odd capcom used the title Sengoku Basara for its better-than-dynasty-warriors ps3 game rather than the ps2 prequel's European name Devil Kings. I don't mind having the original Japanese names, but I can't help but think it doesn't help sell a little known franchise outside of Japan, and we never saw any more titles, sadly.

Over to you!

Gilbert

This could take a while.
For some reasons I could not access my comp at home for a few months now (and obvious I don't want to do it with my phone).
So, anyone can steal this spot if they like, or wait for me to try to post something tomorrow.

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/JmNfY8z.png[/imgzoom]

Gilbert

Yeah :smiley: and this is the arcade version. I know this should be easy, though I think the infamous Mega Drive version (with realistic visuals) should be more familiar to people.
Your turn!

TheFrighter

OK, after an easy pick here's one for expert!  (laugh)

It is a japanese game never translated for what I know:

[imgzoom]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/cx4RuD2EwkM/hqdefault.jpg[/imgzoom]

_

Danvzare

Quote from: TheFrighther on Tue 20/11/2018 18:15:38
It is a japanese game
Really! I never would have guessed. (roll)

Unfortunately, my knowledge of Japanese games only extends to the SNES console. :~(
So I have no idea what game this is.

milkanannan

This looks extremely creepy! :-[

ManicMatt

It looks a bit like the aliens in Metal Slug, but it doesn't look like a metal slug game, and we got most or all of those anyway.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk