Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFrighter

Hey! Holidays are off! What's this lazyness?  :-D

_

milkanannan

Perhaps it is a Mac game called Marathon?

TheFrighter

Not, it's for Windows.

_

Frodo

That's Sordid!   :grin:

Simon The Sorcerer 3D?

TheFrighter

Yeah Frodo, Simon the Sorcerer in his (in)famous 3D!  :-D

Another victim of the "3d rush" of late '90s!  :~(

_

Frodo

Quote from: TheFrighther on Mon 14/01/2019 08:25:42

Another victim of the "3d rush" of late '90s!  :~(

Yeah, poor Simon was indeed a victim of the 3D craze of the '90s.   :sad:
The first 2 Simon games were amazing!  This 3rd one... not so much.   :undecided:

I can't think of another game right now, so anyone can take my turn.   :wink:

Jack

It's interesting that everyone jumped on the 3D bandwagon, even when it was clearly inferior at the time. No one seems to have kept making 2D games and pushing that boundary. It's only in the last few years that pixels have become saleable again.

Danvzare

Quote from: Jack on Tue 15/01/2019 23:50:44
It's interesting that everyone jumped on the 3D bandwagon, even when it was clearly inferior at the time. No one seems to have kept making 2D games and pushing that boundary. It's only in the last few years that pixels have become saleable again.
But you've got to admit, a lot of games were approaching their third installment at that time, and calling your game TITLE 3D was just an opportunity you couldn't pass up.
Earthworm Jim 3D
Simon the Sorcerer 3D
Duke Nukem 3D
All third installments, all appended with 3D.

When movies went through their latest 3D phase, they just stated shoving 3D at the end of every movie, with no regard for whether it was the third movie or not. Which really annoyed me.  >:(

Frodo

Quote from: Danvzare on Wed 16/01/2019 13:46:59

But you've got to admit, a lot of games were approaching their third installment at that time, and calling your game TITLE 3D was just an opportunity you couldn't pass up.
Earthworm Jim 3D
Simon the Sorcerer 3D
Duke Nukem 3D
All third installments, all appended with 3D.

Ahhh, but what about 3D Lemmings?  That was the... 6th?  7th?  Lemmings game, but it still got the '3D' attached to the title.   :kiss:

milkanannan

Are they still making Lemmings games? lol they should have stopped after the first one.

Danvzare

Quote from: Frodo on Wed 16/01/2019 19:03:22
Ahhh, but what about 3D Lemmings?  That was the... 6th?  7th?  Lemmings game, but it still got the '3D' attached to the title.   :kiss:
But they called it "3D Lemmings" not "Lemmings 3D".
So that one is still ok in my book.  :-D

Whose turn is it anyway?

Frodo

Okay, no-one wants to take my turn, so here we go.   :wink:

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/8KCiFzE.png[/imgzoom]

VampireWombat

Drascula: The Vampire Strikes Back? (Yeah, I had to look up the full name since I've only played like 20 minutes of it).

TheFrighter

Quote from: VampireWombat on Sat 19/01/2019 12:58:34
(Yeah, I had to look up the full name since I've only played like 20 minutes of it).

That's exactly the time I needed to complete it.  (laugh)

_

Frodo

Quote from: VampireWombat on Sat 19/01/2019 12:58:34
Drascula: The Vampire Strikes Back? (Yeah, I had to look up the full name since I've only played like 20 minutes of it).

Hehe, that's the one.  It's a fun game.   :smiley:

I should have known a VAMPIRE Wombat would guess a game about vampires.   :tongue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHnwV2utmvE

VampireWombat

Vampires has nothing to do with it. I simply played it some because of it being released open source. And it was an easy guess due to the protagonist.

Random game from my Steam library.

[imgzoom]http://ags.pics/yfBi.png[/imgzoom]

Click'd

VampireWombat

Galen

Arkham Knight. Given away by the art style but you can also see Wayne Tower, and references to Vicki Vale and Lex Corps in the signage.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk