Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

AnasAbdin

milkanannan

I also think it looks Sierra-esque. One of the Leisure Suit Larrys?

AnasAbdin

Quote from: man n fist on Wed 06/03/2019 15:17:30
I also think it looks Sierra-esque. One of the Leisure Suit Larrys?

go on...  (roll)

Ben X

Leisure Suit Larry 5: Passionate Patti Does a Little Undercover Work?

AnasAbdin

Ben X

Great! Here's one with the lead character blanked out:

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/JTeMZ96.jpg[/imgzoom]

CrashPL

The newest Larry game, Wet Dreams Don't Dry?

CrashPL

Oh yay. :D
Alright, should be an easy one:

Gilbert

LBA2?
The gourand shaded ball head on the bottom left seems suspicious.

Danvzare

Quote from: Gilbert on Fri 08/03/2019 09:18:58
LBA2
I just adore the aesthetics of Little Big Adventure 2. Something about the engine and how it pre-renders the background whenever the camera moves, is just beautiful to me.

CrashPL

Indeed, it's LBA2. :D And yes, I fell in love with the game the moment I played the demo version from one of my countless shareware CDs...
Your turn Gilbert!

milkanannan

Quote from: Danvzare on Fri 08/03/2019 13:22:47
Quote from: Gilbert on Fri 08/03/2019 09:18:58
LBA2
I just adore the aesthetics of Little Big Adventure 2. Something about the engine and how it pre-renders the background whenever the camera moves, is just beautiful to me.

Never played it, but I LOVED Little Big Adventure. How did LBA2 compare on story?

Danvzare

Quote from: CrashPL on Fri 08/03/2019 14:32:25
Indeed, it's LBA2. :D And yes, I fell in love with the game the moment I played the demo version from one of my countless shareware CDs...
Hey, I played a demo of it on a shareware CD too!
It wasn't until many MANY years later, when I finally got to play the full version. I never saw it in shops you see. (Probably because by the time I got that shareware CD, the game was way too old.)

I still have that shareware CD too. It also had a demo of Dungeon Keeper on it, and cultivated my love of that game as well. Thankfully I managed to find Dungeon Keeper in a shop.
Ah good times.  :-D

Gilbert

LBA2 was great!
While the 3-D backgrounds didn't look as good as those composed of pre-rendered components like its precursor it was way ahead of its time.
It had all the benefits of the fixed dramatic cameras(such as AitD and BioHazard) but still flexible enough without making it real-time 3-D.
It's also a much longer game and contained a larger variety of stuff too, and the controls were a bit improved.
Will find another screenshot soon.
Next:
[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/dyLAlct.png[/imgzoom]
Could be easy.

CrashPL

Moon Patrol! :D

Quote from: Danvzare on Sat 09/03/2019 20:44:55
Hey, I played a demo of it on a shareware CD too!
It wasn't until many MANY years later, when I finally got to play the full version. I never saw it in shops you see. (Probably because by the time I got that shareware CD, the game was way too old.)

I still have that shareware CD too. It also had a demo of Dungeon Keeper on it, and cultivated my love of that game as well. Thankfully I managed to find Dungeon Keeper in a shop.
Ah good times.  :-D

I seriously miss these kind of CDs. That particular one with LBA2 demo was legendary for me, as it featured a ton of other amazing games, including a demo of MDK, CoMI, Adventures of Lomax and many, many more great games.

Quote from: Gilbert on Mon 11/03/2019 02:03:11
It's also a much longer game and contained a larger variety of stuff too, and the controls were a bit improved.

My only complaint regarding LBA2 was
Spoiler
the jumping mechanics, they didn't work very well with the rotational/tank controls, especially considering Twinsen's amazing swimming abilities. Also I was rather sad when I found out you couldn't visit most of the Twinsun's islands from LBA1! But on the other hand we did get 2 entirely new planets (or rather a planet and a moon), so I guess it's a fair deal. :D
[close]

Gilbert

It's been a long time, but as far as I remember, changing action mode in LBA2 was much faster than in the first game. That's one of the improvements on control that I can remember.

milkanannan

Crash, your turn!

CrashPL

Yup, not only it was quicker, LBA2 also had shortcuts to quickly change the behaviour - they really helped, especially during the platforming/combat parts!

Alright, let's keep the ball rolling:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk