Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Galen

Quote from: lorenzo on Sun 12/05/2019 21:20:41
Dare to Dream, one of Cliff Bleszinski's first games?
Dare to Dream was Cliffy B? Wow. I was perpetually stuck in the (rose?) maze of I think the third or forth one in the series as a wee lad.

lorenzo

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 13/05/2019 12:44:55
Unreal!!!
That's right!

Quote from: Galen on Mon 13/05/2019 16:16:02
Dare to Dream was Cliffy B?
Yes, there was also a text adventure, The Palace of Deceit, that he made before Jazz Jackrabbit and Unreal.

Mandle

I never actually played Unreal. I got my introduction through Unreal Tournament which I played, mapped, and modded for 2-3 years obsessively.

New pic coming soon!

lorenzo

Unreal is a great game, in my opinion. The AI is smart, level design is pretty good and weapons are a lot of fun. In fact, they reused many of the guns in Unreal Tournament.

Mandle

Danvzare

Mandle

Hint: The character in the picture was voiced by someone we all wouldn't be here without...

abstauber

Mandle

Quote from: abstauber on Thu 23/05/2019 11:40:39
Chris Jones?  :=

Yes, but the game's name still needs to be guessed.

(It was made by someone who is still with us and producing commercial games now with AGS)

lorenzo

Is it the last Ben Jordan?
I remember it having some cutscenes where the characters looked a bit different from the rest of the game.

Mandle

Quote from: lorenzo on Thu 23/05/2019 16:04:17
Is it the last Ben Jordan?
I remember it having some cutscenes where the characters looked a bit different from the rest of the game.

That is correct!

I just finished playing through the series again to see how it holds up now I know a bit more about game design.

It was still very good and a lot of fun. I'm thinking of writing a piece on my thoughts on each episode, unless Grundislav pays me a lot not to...  (laugh)

lorenzo

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 24/05/2019 00:18:34
I'm thinking of writing a piece on my thoughts on each episode, unless Grundislav pays me a lot not to...  (laugh)
I would read that! I haven't played those games in quite a while.

I don't have a screenshot at the moment. If anyone wants to take my turn, go ahead! Otherwise, I'll post something later.

lorenzo

milkanannan

Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure. Loved that game!  :-D

milkanannan

I'm sure this one has been done before, but...

Jack

Magic Carpet.

Bullfrog at their peak.

milkanannan

Jack

Mandle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk