Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Pogwizd

It reminds me of Ghostbusters I used to play on Atari. Is it from some newer version?

Mandle

Laura Hunt

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 06/11/2019 01:17:45
Quote from: Laura Hunt on Tue 05/11/2019 17:07:07
Hmmmmmm Spy Hunter?

Dammit!

LOL... your turn

(laugh)

Alright ya nerds, you want nostalgia? Have some nostalgia:

I wanted so bad to love this game, but the insane difficulty combined with the clunkiest controls ever made it impossible for me to ever finish it  :~(

Mandle

Oh, damn... I played that! But can't remember the name.

CaptainD

It's not that game I've heard about often but never played is it... La abadía del crimen?  (The Abbey of Crime)

Laura Hunt

Quote from: CaptainD on Wed 06/11/2019 10:42:07
It's not that game I've heard about often but never played is it... La abadía del crimen?  (The Abbey of Crime)

Oh hey, you even got the accent in "abadía" right! ;-D But nope, it's not that one (La Abadía del Crimen used isometric perspective, with a very similar aesthetic to Fairlight.)

milkanannan

Is this possibly an educational game played in schools in the 80's? Shoot, I think the name was Math Caves or Math Castle?

milkanannan

Just doing my part to narrow down the answer. OK no math in this one, people!  (laugh)

abstauber

I wish I had a speccy back then... it's Dragontorc.

abstauber

Yay again.

How about this rather obscure game on an even more obscure platform.

Mandle

Something from a laser disc system?

abstauber

yep, but it also got a home release with a different name. And the anime it's based on, has a completely different name  :=

Atavismus

It reminds me of Albator.

morganw

Santa, Texas Ranger

abstauber

Nope and nope.

Hint: It's one of the few decent games on a home console which is known as one of the worst.

CaptainD

Quote from: abstauber on Thu 14/11/2019 14:49:12
Nope and nope.

Hint: It's one of the few decent games on a home console which is known as one of the worst.

Is it a 32-bit console?

abstauber

technically yes, but it's Motoroloa 68k based, so it's more like 16/32 bits.

morganw

I'm thinking CD-i, but I don't know any games for it. The video quality looks too good for anything that was cheaper and also using 68k.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk