Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

abstauber

Hehe, if this would be "Name the game system" we'd have a winner :)

Yes, it's on CD-I.

Atavismus

It's related to Leiji Matsumoto (who made Albator / Captain Harlock, Galaxy Express 999, etc).
(I was sure about this, otherwise it's would have been total plagiarism. :D)

abstauber

Oops sorry, I couldn't make the connection between Albator and Captain Harlock  :-[
I've only seen the 2013 movie so far.

Anyway, your reply now contains the Anime, this FMV game is based on.  We are getting there  (nod)

Atavismus

Quote from: abstauber on Fri 15/11/2019 08:12:25
Oops sorry, I couldn't make the connection between Albator and Captain Harlock  :-[
Oh, no, don't worry, that's my bad.
As a typical french, I can't even imagine that anime has another name than the french one. ^^
Spoiler
The game was released in 1992.
[close]

CrashPL

Escape from CyberCity.
I immediately recognised these robo policeman dudes, shooting lasers/flashlights(?) from their eyes from a YT review of CD-I I watched not that long ago. EfCC was one of the games featured in the video. :D

abstauber

Yay, finally  :-D I hope that review didn't make you buy that thing. As mentioned I got one for free and even that was a tad too expensive :)

@Atavismus
I would never dare to question the french comic scene ;) I'm sure those Mangas were released at least 20 years earlier in France than in the rest of of Europe - so Capitaine Albator was first I assume.

Anyway: CrashPL, your turn :)

CrashPL

Haha, not really, I am much into retro games and consoles/computers, but I don't really feel the need to buy a CD-i, especially considering their failure rate and price nowadays. :D

Anyway, here's mine, played this one recently after I found the old CD in a drawer by accident...

morganw

I think a Lemmings game, but I don't know which.
3D Lemmings?

CrashPL

Lemmings Revolution, but you got the franchise right - your turn. :)

morganw

Well, I'm not sure that guess was worthy of the win, but...

[imgzoom]https://www.dropbox.com/s/zd0guu3951ci3mc/guess_1.png?raw=1[/imgzoom]
Technically this games has two names (it changes depending the platform) but either name will do.

milkanannan

Danvzare

milkanannan

CaptainD

dayowlron

Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

abstauber

I'd say, it's an NES or MSX game.

is it a Metal Gear title?

morganw

Quote from: abstauber on Tue 26/11/2019 09:28:56
I'd say, it's an NES or MSX game.

is it a Metal Gear title?
^ this is headed in the right direction, although it isn't NES or MSX, and it isn't a Metal Gear game.

[imgzoom]https://www.dropbox.com/s/f8njcduljgeuim0/guess_3.png?raw=1[/imgzoom]

TheFrighter

Space Adventure Cobra? I played it on Yabause time ago...

_

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk