Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

If you know this one (and if you do, you'll know it instantly) - I dare you to get the theme tune out of your head!!  (laugh)

[imgzoom]https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zPirbDjrFBg/XzbnESiqPWI/AAAAAAAAxvk/qn9kkpJcE2cqvLgsCIddOoz5JUoaGZ-cgCLcBGAsYHQ/s0/ss50.png[/imgzoom]

CaptainD

Speccy version I take it, Laura?

Did it still sound like this?

Laura Hunt

Quote from: CaptainD on Fri 14/08/2020 20:58:50
Speccy version I take it, Laura?

Did it still sound like this?

Hahaha, polyphony? On the Speccy? lol :-D

THIS is how it sounded like... Behold, the BEEP command in all its glory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAG0onZA9_4

This is one of the very very very few games that still held up for me when I played it decades later on an emulator. The progression system in particular was fantastic!

I'll post something later tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest :)

Mandle

CaptainD

Taipan! Absolutely adored that game on the Speccy!  ;-D

Laura Hunt

Quote from: CaptainD on Sat 15/08/2020 09:11:59
Taipan! Absolutely adored that game on the Speccy!  ;-D

Oh wow, and I even made sure to show a not-too-obvious screenshot, hahah. Yeah, it was a fantastic game! I remember that my tiny brain was amazed at the time at how complex it was with all the trading and the strategies you had to come up with to buy stuff in one place and sell it somewhere else in order to make a profit, buy better ships and hire more crew (although you always had the possibility to just clobber them over the head and drag them to your ship, lol), as well as how many different factors and resources you had to juggle. I sank a LOT of hours into this one.

Alright then! Over to you again, Captain :)

CaptainD

Ah Laura that's a game I can never forget!  Pity I wasn't much good at it but still a cracking game.

Okay apologies if this one is too easy (probably) or if I've posted it in the past (also fairly probable though I don't specifically remember it):

[imgzoom]https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FoB3dlkJq-4/XzrgGdqkNtI/AAAAAAAAxwY/AjRDCk9Yk8kkqWDlLsjqI6P1nYkB4RPMgCLcBGAsYHQ/s0/c16.png[/imgzoom]

Mandle

Looks like a Defender clone. I think you might have done this one before.

KyriakosCH

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 17/08/2020 23:12:26

Ride like the wind,
fight proud, my son  :=
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

CaptainD

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 17/08/2020 23:12:26

I checked and it appears I did - way back in 2014!!!

Since no-one looks like they're going to get it I'll just tell you - Bandits At Zero - and find a new one...

It seems that I've never posted this glorious oddball before:

[imgzoom]https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-H6BL8EidWkE/X0KS5-57N3I/AAAAAAAAxww/p7-f3munMxIpMeEoM7Sd-NpR7PrkmkfewCLcBGAsYHQ/s0/ss55.png[/imgzoom]

Mandle

LOL! I was about to google the character "Ray Power" and then had a moment of clarity. Cool name for a main character though. Probably been used.

milkanannan

I know that one - Escape from the planet of the robot monsters. I could never get very far because the slanted isometric perspective + standard four keyboard arrows never aligned properly in my brain. I received the game as part of a boxed ‘Tengen’s EGA Arcade Hits’ as a birthday gifts when I was maybe 10, and it also included games like APB and Hard Driving.

If CaptainD confirms that guess to be right, and I’m pretty sure it is, someone else can take my turn.

CaptainD

Yep that's the game, pretty tough and very strange but good nonetheless!  ;-D

milkanannan

Yeah, pretty much anything published by that Tengen was out there!

Anyone can take my turn if they would like to jump in.

Gilbert

This must be the HD remake of Sonic of Hedgehog!

Spoiler
Hehe. Advertising your own game?
[close]

lorenzo

Come on, Ben X! That's just cheap and lazy. ;)

Ben X

Dammit, I did a search in this topic for "clockwork" and that didn't come up! Oh well, I thought it would be super-easy anyway. Yes, it's Lair Of The Clockwork God. Your go, Lorenzo!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk