Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

arj0n

It could, but is not  :)

Frodo

Frodo

Pogwizd

Hang on a minute... Is that a Polish game called "KsiÄ...żę i Tchórz" (The Prince and the Coward)? In some other countries I think it was called  Gallador or sth like that?

Frodo

Quote from: Pogwizd on Tue 23/11/2021 11:06:23
Hang on a minute... Is that a Polish game called "KsiÄ...żę i Tchórz" (The Prince and the Coward)? In some other countries I think it was called  Gallador or sth like that?

Yep, that's it.  It came to GOG recently, and I fell in love with it.   :grin:

Your turn. 

Pogwizd

I think an actual fantasy writer was hired to write the story for it. Do you find it hard? My brother had a big box edition when it came out. I remember giving it a go at least twice and getting stuck pretty early on : )

I'll try to post sth soon.

Frodo

It was hard, but really enjoyable.  And it had some hilarious moments in it.   :cheesy:
I wrote a Walkthrough for it, so if you want the link, just let me know.   :smiley:

josiah1221

Quote from: Frodo on Tue 23/11/2021 20:02:54
It was hard, but really enjoyable.  And it had some hilarious moments in it.   :cheesy:
I wrote a Walkthrough for it, so if you want the link, just let me know.   :smiley:

Oh nice, I'd be interested in that walkthrough Frodo! I purchased it recently due to it receiving an English translation, and the fact that it reminded me of Discworld at first glance. I'm looking forward to playing it but was worried I would end up getting frustrated if I got stuck, so your walkthrough will be greatly appreciated!

Frodo

Quote from: josiah1221 on Wed 24/11/2021 04:12:36
Oh nice, I'd be interested in that walkthrough Frodo! I purchased it recently due to it receiving an English translation, and the fact that it reminded me of Discworld at first glance. I'm looking forward to playing it but was worried I would end up getting frustrated if I got stuck, so your walkthrough will be greatly appreciated!

Here ya go    :grin:

You're in for a treat - it's such a great game.  Really love the Grave Digger's animations at the start, when he sticks his tongue out.    :cheesy:

I hadn't heard of it, before it arrived on GOG.  But when I read about it, I'm so glad it got an English translation. 

Pogwizd

Quote from: Frodo on Wed 24/11/2021 06:18:33

Here ya go    :grin:

Thanks Frodo. I might use it as well.

Here we go:

As a kid, I suffered nightmares because of that game. It's not a horror, though ;)

heltenjon

milkanannan

Carmen Sandiego?

Edit: the ‘where in time’ version of the game

Pogwizd

Quote from: heltenjon on Wed 24/11/2021 22:01:19
Hacker?

No, the game's universe isn't really tech oriented. It has more of an adventure/Indiana Jones' vibe imo.

Quote from: milkanannan on Thu 25/11/2021 06:27:32
Carmen Sandiego?

Edit: the ‘where in time’ version of the game

No, but it's a very popular franchise.

Mandle

Something to do with Atlantis? (Given the big non-existent continent to the west of Australia)

Or is that "Libraria" or something, considering the big scales on it?

heltenjon

Quote from: Pogwizd on Thu 25/11/2021 09:40:23
Quote from: heltenjon on Wed 24/11/2021 22:01:19
Hacker?

No, the game's universe isn't really tech oriented. It has more of an adventure/Indiana Jones' vibe imo.

Ah! This is how Hacker looked like, apparently:
Spoiler
[close]

Perhaps it's a DuckTales game, then?

milkanannan

Is it some game called ‘Maiden Voyage of the Eagle’ or something like that? I remember the ship being named ‘The Eagle’.

Pogwizd

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 25/11/2021 10:05:50
Something to do with Atlantis? (Given the big non-existent continent to the west of Australia)

Or is that "Libraria" or something, considering the big scales on it?

Lol, I didn't even notice it, until you pointed it out. I am not sure how this place was called in the game, but it definitely was the last stop, where the main character and his nemesis would check who collected more gold.

Quote from: heltenjon on Thu 25/11/2021 10:10:40
Perhaps it's a DuckTales game, then?

Yup, it's a DuckTales game. The full title is DuckTales: The Quest for Gold. And I wasn't kidding. The levels with the mummy jumping out on you were really close to giving me a heart attack.

Over to you, heltenjon :)

heltenjon

Okay, let's try this:

Pogwizd

I was thinking Dragonsphere at first, but then I noticed these lions in the corners. Are they the Scottish lion rampart?

milkanannan

Looks kind of like Maddog Williams, but I know it’s not that.

Jeez, where were these games when I was a kid! I can tell from that screenshot I would have loved that!  :=

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk