Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

josiah1221

Ah, been a long while since I've played this one!

Conquests of Camelot: A Search for the Grail

heltenjon

Quote from: josiah1221 on Thu 25/11/2021 18:49:05
Ah, been a long while since I've played this one!

Conquests of Camelot: A Search for the Grail

Yes, that's it! One of the first games I played on a PC, probably back in 1990, it's remarkable because of the point system. Many puzzles had multiple solutions, but if you chose to be violent or sinful, you could end up with finding the Holy Grail and not being worthy of taking it. I also loved that the help system was to talk to Merlin.

More screenshots for those who thought it looked interesting: https://www.giantbomb.com/conquests-of-camelot-the-search-for-the-grail/3030-19759/images/

Josiah, you're on.

Gilbert

I thought that's QFG3 at first (but that'd be too easy).
I never played either of QFG3 and Conquests of Camelot (only seeing some screenshots of QFG3) and didn't realise these two games are so close in theme. If not comparing the screenshots of both games to see that they're really different, you'll bet lazy Sierra just reused backgrounds on both games!

josiah1221

Mandle

Simon The Sorcerer?

Gilbert

Odd thing is that I've never played this game but I've often seen screenshots of it and recognised its art style, so I went to Mobygames and check the screenshot section of that certain game and indeed that's the one.

I do not want to answer this, but I'm sure a number of people here should be able to get the correct answer.

Mandle

One of the Discworld games?

TheFrighter

Yes, the first! I remember that morbid graphic style!

_

Cassiebsg

I would recognize Rincewind anywhere...  (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

josiah1221

Discworld it is! One of my favorites  :)

Mandle

josiah1221

Mandle

Oops, completely forgot about this so someone else please take over.

TheFrighter

Take it!  :-D

This is somewhat related with the last pic...

_

josiah1221

That would be Blazing Dragons, another classic fav of mine. :) I always found it strange though that it was only released on Sony Playstation and Sega Saturn, especially with it being an adventure point and click game.

TheFrighter

Got it,  Josiah1221! A very funny adventure where the dragons are heroes and the men are villains!

_

josiah1221

And another game that is somewhat related to the previous two games. :)

Pogwizd

Isn't it The Prince and The Coward again?

Frodo

It's Galador.  I had that on the previous page.   :smiley:
Did you find the Walkthrough helpful at all?   :smiley:

Have another shot, Josiah.

josiah1221

Quote from: Frodo on Fri 17/12/2021 10:17:38
It's Galador.  I had that on the previous page.   :smiley:
Did you find the Walkthrough helpful at all?   :smiley:

Have another shot, Josiah.

Haha, sorry. It's been a very stressful week and my mind is frazzled. Haven't gotten around to playing it yet. Hopefully once things calm down after the holidays I can dedicate some time to it. Looks very promising and right up my alley!

Let's try this again...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk