Name the Game

Started by frenzykitty, Wed 17/04/2013 17:17:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

ohhhhh, is that Cruise For A Corpse or something like that? I know I have played it. AGS game, right?

Frodo

There Is No Game   :wink:

Mandle

Quote from: Frodo on Tue 21/12/2021 08:16:28

Ahhhh, yes of course.... I haven't played it but I watched Mostly Walking play it.

josiah1221

Quote from: Frodo on Tue 21/12/2021 08:16:28

Good job! I played through it for the first time recently, such a wild ride! Highly recommended.
Over to you!

Frodo

I loved it to.  It's so bizarre!  And that Narrator is just the BEST!   :cheesy:   Did you break his Welcome Screen?    :grin: 

Next game...

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/MZFpIlU.png[/imgzoom]

Danvzare

Looks like Syberia.

Frodo

Looks like you are correct.

Such beautiful backgrounds in that game. 

Danvzare

Quote from: Frodo on Wed 22/12/2021 13:41:05
Looks like you are correct.

Such beautiful backgrounds in that game. 
I've never even played the game. I just remember it from that time I read about it in a book about adventure games.
Those beautiful backgrounds are quite memorable.

Next game:

Mandle

Resort Tycoon or something like that?

Danvzare

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 23/12/2021 00:13:41
Resort Tycoon or something like that?
This game doesn't have "Tycoon" in it's name, but you're on the right track.

Mandle

CaptainD

One of the Tropico games?

Danvzare

Nope, and nope.
Here's a hint: It's the third (and so far final) entry in a series of casual games.

milkanannan

Hmm I don’t think it is a third instalment in anything, but is it Starside?

Danvzare

Nope.

I think I might have gone for too obscure of a game here.  :-\

milkanannan

Looks pretty polished. I’m surprised no one knows it.  ???

CaptainD

I still don't know what it is but I would be very surprised if it wasn't available from Big Fish Games.

Mandle

Quote from: CaptainD on Mon 27/12/2021 17:02:11
I still don't know what it is but I would be very surprised if it wasn't available from Big Fish Games.

Hahaha... the purveyors of stimulating hidden-object "adventure" games?!

CaptainD

Quote from: Mandle on Tue 28/12/2021 08:45:41

They also have time management games which are often good (on the casual side, but still good) - this reminded me of one of those games I played a while back, I used to get sent loads for review when I ran a gaming blog. I stopped reviewing for one publisher who had games there when they suggested I could copy-paste text they sent me if I didn't have time to do my own review...  >:(

Danvzare

Quote from: Mandle on Tue 28/12/2021 08:45:41

So true. Although those hidden-object games have become more and more like adventure games in recent years. They have more in common with Myst than the "Where's Waldo" gameplay they used to have.

Also, speaking of Big Fish Games, you're right about this being on there. Although it's quite unique in there if you ask me. More like a simplified Tycoon game than one of the usual Time-Management games.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk